Chapter 38

~And If She Doesn’t?~

“Those are great news dad! Yeah, of course I’ll say hi to everyone! Ok, ok… goodbye. Take care… Love you too! Byyeee…” I said and hung up the phone as I turned up again the volume of the music. The entire house was empty and I could do whatever I wanted. So I placed my favorite CD from Audiomachine and continued with cooking. 

   Still smiling I turned back to chopping the chicken breasts. I was cooking noodles with red peppers that Lina had requested. It would be around 12 o’clock p.m., Alex and Henry had gone to the grocery store and Lina had gone to the library to find some books that she needed for her exams.

   My plan was for Henry and me to eat early lunch because Tom had told me that his mother had invited us, both Henry and me, for dinner. When that thought passed my mind I felt stress falling on my shoulders.

“Don’t be silly…” I whispered to myself while I was placing the chicken and the noodles in the wok. “They are going to love us… no need to panic…” 

   I turned off the hit and closed the pan so the food could stay warm and take its time to absorb all the flavors. I had still some free time so I went to the bathroom and took a long shower. I wanted to be as beautiful as I could for tonight. 

   Half hour later when I opened the bathroom’s door I saw Alex and Henry walking to the living room with plastic bags in their hands. 

”I’ll be right there guys!” I shouted and run to my bedroom.

”Take your time big mama! We just came up to leave the bags and we’ll leave again to pick Lina up from the library!” Alex said to me and I closed the door of my room. 

   I blew out my hair, placed some body lotion that I knew Tom liked to smell on my body, wore my comfy uniform and walked out of the room. Alex and Henry had already gone, again. I placed all the bags in the kitchen’s table and started placing the foods at where they should be. 

   The library wasn’t far from Lina’s apartment but out side it was heavily raining. I was placing some stuff in the bathroom that the guys had brought when I heard the door opening and happy voices coming in the house. 

”Mooooommyyyyyyy!!” Henry shout and I took him in my arms as we hugged. 

”Did you have fun with Alex in the grocery store?” I asked my son while I was helping him take off his wet coat.

”Yes mommy!” Henry said and started laughing. “Can I tell you what Alex did when we got to the cash register?” He asked me.

”Of course baby!” I told him and we walked to the kitchen. 

   Henry sat on his chair and started talking to me while I was getting ready the table so we could eat. 

”He took two green onions and placed them behind his ears and he was acting like nothing was wrong. So when we got to the cash register the woman looked at him and started laughing! She asked him if he is going to buy those and Alex said: Why should I? I got them since I was born.” Henry said and burst into laughs. 

”Well remind me to never go to that store with you!” I said to Alex as I was laughing when he and Lina walked into the kitchen.

   Lina came to help me and Alex sat down and laughed with Henry. We started eating and I felt very pleased when everyone said that they liked what I had made.

”Mooommyyyy….?” I heard Henry saying and turned my head to look at him while I kindly smiled. “Can I ask you something but please don’t be mad at me…”