Chapter 4

~A stranger named Tom.~

”IIIIIIIIII waaaaas aaaalmoooost theeeereee… just a moment away from becoming unclear…”  I heard Henry mumbling and slowly I opened my eyes.

”This is the captain speaking, ladies and gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts. The time is 7:45 p.m. and we are flying over Heathrow where we are going to land.” I heard out loud the captain of the plane informing us.

   I frown a bit when I opened my eyes again and sat in a better position on my sit. Everyone was looking out of their windows, I leaned close to Henry’s and saw London. The sky was black but all the lights from the buildings were just magical! We were finally there! I couldn’t hide my happiness and I left a huge smile light up my face.

”Henry! Henry!” I said as I made him take off his headphones. “Look out!” I continued excited, Henry slowly turned his head and looked outside.

”This is London?” He asked me and as quick as he could he handed me the mp3, stuck his face on the window and with his eyes wide open he was trying to memorize everything.

    When the plane landed I let all the other passengers get off the plain first, so they don’t hurt Henry and then we did. We both wore our backpacks and got off the plane, into the gate, and in the huge building of Heathrow’s airport.

”Henry hold my hand and don’t let go.” I said to him worried.

    We took our suitcases and his guitar bag, passed the checks and tried to walk out from the airport. But there were so many people, like all the London had moved into the airport’s building. My ochlophobia started attacking to my brain, but I could handle it, the only thing I was afraid of was if people don’t see Henry and step on him.

    Every now and then I was checking my baby to see if he was alright. When finally we got off the airport the weather was freezing. I took a moment to zip all the way up Henry’s coat and I placed his hood. Then we started walking to find a taxi. I was freezing to death when I heard…

”I don’t think you will find any taxi this late around here…”

   I felt my blood freezing and slowly turned my head to my left, just to see who was talking to me. There was a man, standing like us out of the airport waiting for something, or someone. I couldn’t see him clearly because he was hiding in the shadows and that was what scared me the most. Slowly I placed my body in front of Henry, so that strange man couldn’t harm him. If that man wanted to attack us I was ready to push Henry back to the airport and tell him to call the policemen. 

   As a young mother and from the fact that I was an only parent I had to learn some techniques to protect me and my child from any danger. So when Henry was at least 3 years old my Godfather bought me some DVD’s with self-defense for women and children. It was a really good exercise and because I didn’t have time to go to the gym and work out, those DVD’s were my only source to learn.

  Without showing any panic or nervousness I was quickly recalling all the techniques in my mind. The man walked slowly towards us and the lights from the airport, as I slowly was placing my hand behind my back and touching Henry. But when I looked better at the man I felt my chin falling on the ground. It was a young man, around… hmmm maybe the age of 29? He was wearing a classic trench coat and a black scarf. His hair where messed up from the air but they were also black and he was really tall. He came close to us with a very attractive smile on his face and extended his hand to me. I raised mine and when our hands touched I felt electricity penetrating my body.   

”Hello I’m Tom!” The guy said to me with a sexy English accent.

”Nice to meet you, I’m Alice.” I answered kindly to him and smiled.