Live in the Moments Ch. 50

“Niall prom is this weekend!” I complained. “When are you going to ask me?”
“When you least expect it.” He beamed and I groaned, holding my head in my hands as he laughed. “You’re the one who wanted an over the top prom proposal.” He reminded in a sing song voice, pointing a finger at me while we Skyped.

“Well I didn't think it would be so over the top that it took until the night of for you to ask!” I cried and he rolled his eyes.

“I will ask you when the times right.” He said.
“It’s prom!” I cried. “Not some marriage proposal. It doesn’t have to be the right time.”

“Impatient and picky.” He mumbled. “Don't act like I haven’t already asked!” he reminded.
“A pizza box with ‘I know this is cheesy but will you go to prom with me?’ a box with a single balloon and note inside saying ‘prom?, a music survey with missing lyrics, and a flower arrangement  with a simple card saying ‘Prom?’ is your version of asking me.” I said, ticking each thing off. “And when I said yes each time because they were so cheesy and cute, you told me you were just kidding.”

“I can’t do a lot babe.” He said softly. “Not without being there.” I bit my lip, ducking my head.

“I know.” I whispered. “And I appreciate all the attempts. You know I'm just kidding about the over the top stuff, you know I was beyond happy with the mask.” I eyed it on my bedside table and I heard him sigh. “I don't need a million balloons in my room, or a cut out of you, or anything big. I just need you here, you and me on the dance floor having fun at one of the last things I do as a senior before I move on with you.” He gave me a smile.

“You only get one prom riley.” He said softly. “I want it to be the best proposal in the history of proposals. Just like I want prom to be the best night of your life.” I beamed.

“You’re so goofy.” I mumbled, shaking my head.
“But you love Me.” he beamed.
“That I do.” I whispered and he gave me a small smile.

“I love you too.” He reminded. “Surprisingly.” He added and I glared making him laugh. “Go study or something, I can’t have you worrying about school while you’re supposed to be getting ready for prom!”

“Fine.” I complained.

“Hey.” He said, glaring. “Smile or you’ll have to deal with Harry and Sam all night by yourself.”
“You wouldn't.” I said with wide eyes.
“I might just lose my plane ticket.” He said.
“Babe!” I whined and he threw his head back laughing.
“So its babe now?” he taunted.
“You better get on that plane Niall Horan.”
“And if I don't.”
“I’ll have to come and get you and you’ll live with the guilt of ruining my prom night.” I said with a small smile.

“Oh you’re so hot when you’re threatening and mad.” He winked.

“Don't you have a concert to perform at?”
“Not if I can get you pissed.” I glared.

“Go perform you big loser.” I said.

“Go study you big nerd.” He taunted.

“Fine.”
“Fine.” We waited a few more seconds, looking at each other. “I love you.” I laughed.
“Weak.” I mumbled. “But I love you too.” He beamed, puckering his lips making me laugh and blow him a kiss. “Bye babe.”
“Bye honey.” I beamed and he winked before ending the call. I sighed, placing my chin on my hands. It seemed to get easier and easier to say goodbye to him. Before we would have the ‘I love you more’ fight, the ‘no you hang up first’ ones too. But now it was ‘I love you, bye’ I knew we weren’t growing apart, we talk and text daily for hours, tours slowing down so we have more time, and the exams are almost done as well. So maybe we were just like this because we knew we would see each other soon, 3 more days to be exact. Maybe because we know there’s no point in whining and pouting when were so close. Niall's getting on a plane Thursday, proms Friday night, and he’s leaving that next Monday morning. I went shopping for my dress with Sam the other day, and it was hanging in my closet in the bag. I went to pinterest, finding hairstyles and figuring out the final things before I rolled over and fell asleep.