Live in the Moments Ch. 37

I woke up the next morning and saw an empty bed. In Nialls place was a note.

'See you soonxx' his phone was beside it and I groaned. It was Monday and he was gone for our 6 months. Great. I dressed quickly; glad I had taken a shower last night since I was running late. My hair was left down and I put my make up on as I headed to school.

"Miss Matthews. So glad you could join us." Mr. Stevenson said as I walked in late for the second time this semester. "Would you like to explain where you’ve been?"

"I woke up late. Won’t happen again." I muttered finding an empty seat at the back of the room. School dragged and by now it was lunch. This was the final week for this year and I was excited. Friday afternoon I would be flying with the boys to London for two weeks coming back in time for New Years. I sat in Mrs. Stewart’s class room playing with my food.

"What’s wrong?" She asked and I broke out of my thoughts.

"Niall left his phone at my house. Didn’t even tell me goodbye and it’s our 6 months." I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"He’s probably just planning a surprise." She assured me and I nodded.

"Maybe." the rest of school dragged and I slammed my locker shut heading out with the crowd. Niall was standing on one of the steps with roses and wearing a dress shirt and jeans.

"Everyone!" He cried seeing me. He jumped off and walked to me. "This is my girlfriend Riley! And todays our six months!" He grabbed my waist

"What are you doing?" I asked as everyone’s eyes were on us.

"Surprising you." I grinned. "Happy 6 months baby." He kissed me and my friends cheered making me laugh.

"Happy 6 months." He grinned and I hugged him. He handed me the flowers and I smiled as he grabbed my hand pulling me down the stairs to a waiting black van.

"Here you go." He handed me a duffle and I raised an eyebrow. "What? Did you think I would let you go on a date like that?" I grinned.

"Turn around." He did and I changed into the purple dress he had gotten me. I sat beside him and he grinned. I put my hand on his knee kissing him. "You’re amazing." I told him and he smiled.

"Why thank you." I laughed nuzzling into his side.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." I glared. He knew I hated surprises. "Somewhere over the rainbow." He sung loud and obnoxious.

"Alright. I get it." I covered his mouth.

"Thank you." Paul cried and I laughed while Niall pouted.

"Fine. I won’t sing tonight." He grumbled and I pouted.

"No." I whined and he smirked kissing me.

"Have I told you I love you today?" He asked moving the hair out of my eyes.

"No. But I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too." He grabbed my hand kissing it and intertwining our fingers. The car was a comfortable silence as we stuck in NYC traffic. We just cuddled, me playing with his fingers and he played with my hair. We finally made it to Jersey and I raised an eyebrow.

"Where are we going?"

"Dinner." I nodded and we pulled up to a tiny Italian restaurant. It was like a hole in the wall. Clearly not discovered giving us privacy but it was good food. We were in a small town in jersey so me and Niall walked down the sidewalk hand in hand. Paul close, but not too close, was following us just in case Niall was spotted. Our hands were intertwined and swinging back and forth with each step we took just in comfortable silence. He stopped by the park and pulled me onto his lap.