Chapter 25

* Jordan's POV *

I thought a lot about what Harry said last night, my mind debated back and forth into the early hours of the morning. What if he's right? What if my heart was too broken by him to be able to forgive him?

I called Gage and told him I couldn't see him last night, he said it was okay and asked if he could take me out for brunch this morning, I said yes.

I lay in my bed staring at the bright window, I pull my arm out from under the cover and look at my wrist watch. 11:30, Gage said he was going to pick me up at 12.

I roll out of bed and stretch as I make my way to my bedroom door. There's a 50/50 chance that Amanda will be in the kitchen so I have to be sly. I crack my door open just enough to look through, nobody at the kitchen, nobody in the living room, they must be still asleep. I slowly open the door wider and slip through my door.

"Why are you creeping around?" I nearly scream at the sound Amanda's voice, she does know how to be stealthy.

"I'm not." I say avoiding her eyes.

"Why are you taking a shower? Are you going somewhere?" Jesus Amanda.

"Amanda, people can take showers and not go anywhere." I say trying to pass her and end this awkward conversation but she just backs up and blocks the bathroom door.

"I know that Jordan, but you don't shower in the mornings unless you're going somewhere."

"It's not morning it's the afternoon now." I state matter-of-factly.

"Where. Are. You. Going." She says more seriously than I've seen her this whole vacation.

"I'm going to get some food okay? I'm tired of cereal and eggs every morning." Geez just move already Amanda.

"Who's going with you?"

"Amanda you're not my mother I don't have to tell you anything." I say moving her from the door and opening it.

"I know you're going with Gage! I'm just trying to help you. I don't want you to be miserable like you were after he shattered your heart. Why are you going back to him? He hasn't changed Jordan! He'll never change. He even told you that himself!" She yells after I close the door.

He has changed...

He has changed...