Chapter 23

After an awkward drive back to the cabin I immediately go back to my room and plop down on my bed face first.

What is happening to me? I'm becoming soft again.

I inhale deeply and growl into the comforter and decide to stay there for a while.

I hear a peck at the door and my head jolts up. I look at the window and its Harry, again.

I get up and unlock the window and lift it up and stick my head out. "move back I'm coming in." he says and I think about the consequences of Amanda finding him in here but after today she probably won't talk to me until tomorrow so I decide to back up and let him in.

"Jordan. I know I'm the last person you want to see right now bu-"

I cut him off, "yeah pretty much." I say annoyed.

"I know but you need to know that I'm sorry I did what I did today. When I couldn't find you when I went to go look for you in the parking lot I felt horrible because I thought something bad happened to you and when I found out you was with another guy it just made my blood boil. I don't think I can stand the thought of you even being around another guy." I have to take a moment to comprehend what all he is saying because he said it so fast. how can he go from hating me to not being able to stand the fact that I was with another guy?

"What?" Is all I can't seem to say.

He takes my hands into his and draws them to his chest, "Jordan I need you."

He was trying to form more words to say but was interrupted by a banging at the door.

"You have to go!" I say but he won't budge.

"No I'm not leaving until I tell you what you need to hear." he says gripping my hands just enough to get the point across with out hurting me.

The door opens and me and Harry both look at the door. "Jordan! I can't stand it anymore I need you back in m-"

"You!" Harry says and let's go of my hands.

"Gage." I whisper.

In less than two seconds Harry is almost on top of Gage once again.

"Harry! Stop! You'll hurt him!" The words fly out of my mouth like fireworks and they explode in the air and now every eye is on my and Harry backs up off of Gage and comes close to me not breaking eye contact with me eyes flaring.

"Are you seriously defending this creep?! Amanda told me what he did to you, how he made you feel and the hell he put you through and you are going to stand there and defend him?!" He stands there for a few more minutes and I can't seem to choke the words out of myself. He finally walks out and let's go of the mental choke hold that he had on my and I can breathe again.

Amanda lingers a little sending me death glares then walks out. Gage still backed up against the wall. I walk over to the door and close it and sigh.

"What were you saying Gage?" He gets up and composed himself before continuing.

"I came because I realized after you left that I need you back in my life Jordan. I wanna be the reason you smile again. and I wanna make up for all those nights I ruined."

I have no idea what to do, I should hate him no matter how sorry he his but he seems so sincere.

"Gage..."

"I know what you're gonna say, and I don't blame you I-"

"Gage, I'll give you a second chance but you have to earn the trust I once had for you. I'm a lot smarter than I was back then so I'm not gonna let anyone hurt me again like that." I say not looking at him because I know he's staring at me. I expect him to be upset that I'm making him work for his trust but I'm caught off guard when he engulfs me into his muscular arms and I about disintegrate into dust.

"Thank you Jordan you won't regret it." he says letting me out of his grasp but holds onto my upper arm. "You wanna go somewhere tonight?" He asks and I pause to think about this thoroughly. if I go, which I really want to, Amanda will surely never speak to me again. and well if I don't go I'm pretty sure he'd be okay with it so I'm going with the safest route.

I'm going with him.

"Yeah sure. Maybe a movie?" I say and he shakes his head.

"No, I've planned something for us."