The Glint Of The Knife

All this madness and nonsense carried on for a couple of days Intill it was getting stuiped now.
Even the teachers agreed it.
Whoever this murderer was, it was confirmed that they weren't a school child as they hadn't been attacking for a while since the security.
It was noted that the murderer kills at the breaks of before school, lunch and after school so every break time we were on lock down in our classrooms watched by the teacher very closely.

We were all put in the same classroom and Maya was happy about that.
One day Maya made little don't worry cards for us all to enjoy and put them in our lockers.
As I got mine out I noticed that it also came with a little heart cookie rapped in red and the note in the card read

'Dear josh,
I have noticed that you are the most scared right now and I feel sad that you feel this way so please accept my heart cookie as a sign of happiness and not fear, hope u enjoy

-Maya. '

I smiled, she was becoming nice again.

As I eat my cookie John walked over
"Aww heart cookie" he teased "someone got a crush"
"Shut up" I said but I knew i must of been blushing.
'Was this true'
"Dude" John continued "there's only 8 people left included you"
That got my attention and I looked up.
That piece of news was depressing only eight, in this school.
Maya walked over surrounded by a group of people thanking her
"Hey Josh" she said with a little bow
"Hey, Maya thank you for the card and cookie, their really awesome"
She smiled and giggled "your welcome Josh I can make more if you'd like" she laughed.
Then I saw it.
A flash of something shining shown into my eyes and Maya gently swayed, and it was hidden in the waist of her skirt.
"What was that?" I said to no one in particular
"What?!" Maya suddenly seemed nervous.
"Nothing...I fought I saw..nevermind" I fought about it and i agreed it sounded weird however it appeared again.
She turned and I saw a flash of a knife hilt hidden in her skirt.

"Why do you have a knife!" I suddenly screamed, terrified.
Maya turned, confused, shocked, terrified and upset.
I shakingly pointed down at her waist where I had saw it.
Everyone, lictally everyone was watching me now.
"Josh follow me I can explain!"
I nodded, and couldn't agree with her more, she had to explain this one.
so I did.
She lead me into the school gym, not speaking to me the whole way and into a side room.

'This is like the place were Meku was murdered back at the very beginning'
I fought but it was to late and the door slammed shut, locking me in, with Maya.

"Josh" she said staring straight at me, and I didn't say a word
"My whole life has been living up to this moment..." she paused and I wondered if she was going to kill me with that knife, if she had been the murderer all along!
"Will you go out with me".

My chest exploded, it was so powerful I was flung almost backwards with my emotions thoughts and fear.
I blinked, 'had this girl just asked me out?'
"Uh, uh um well.." I tried to put it what I was feeling into words eventually I managed
"Your a nice girl and all, but, I can't go out with you.."
Maya's face showed that her heart had just exploded.
She collapsed on the floor not crying, but just laying there.
I felt awful.
"I'm sorry, I just need to recover from the fact that my last girlfriend committed suicide".

Maya grumbled, none human like and muttered something that didn't sound human.

"I'm sorry Maya" I called and putted her on the shoulder, which she seemed to enjoy and walked out on her, the heart broken girl.