Chapter 12

With Erica...

Sometime pasted as she fought Gilan, she looked over to Horace who started to wake up. Once he sat up, "I need your help, Gilan is under mind control. I can break it, but I need you to hold him off." Erica said jumping back. Horace nodded he grabbed his sword and started to fight Gilan. She bent down and drew a circle in the ground, the she got back to fighting Gilan.

"Lead him this way." She said gesturing to her circle. Horace gave a little nod. Erica grabbed a rop from her bag, she threw it around Gilan and pulled him into the circle. Once in, she held out her hand and the circle glowed a light silver color. Gilan tried to get out but a shield stopped him.

"How did you do that?" Asked Horace wide eyes.

"As you know my father has magic, so I have a little bit also." She said.

"Why did you tell us before?" Asked Horace.

"Oh sure I could have said this the first time I met you 'Well my dad has been killing Rangers, he has magic and so have I and he immortal.' That would have been brilliant..." Erica said rolling her eyes. "So I think I know a spell that will free him." She added.

Erica took a deep breath and relaxed. Her hands started glowing a light blueish-silver color, she muttered something in a different language and Gilan dropped his sword. He closed his eyes, clutching his head. After a minute he opened his eyes, they were there normal color, Erica fell back against a tree breathing deeply.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Shadow had you under mind control." Said Erica.

"We have to help Halt." Said Horace.

"No, this is part of the plan." Erica said.

"What do you mean?" Asked Gilan.

"Well I came up with this plan a while ago with Halt, when we rescued you from Shadow." Erica said to Gilan.

Flashback

"That was stupid going after Shaodw alone." Erica said staring at Halt angrily.

"Is there anyway to kill him?" Asked Halt ignoring her comment.

"He is an immortal being, who has magic and skills beyond belief. So no it is almost impossible to kill him." Said Eirca.

"Almost?" Asked Halt.

"Ok, there two ways to kill him...
One a family member of his who has magic, takes his powers away, but they have to take his darkness and evil. And I'm not doing that!..."

"Wait, your related to him!" Said Halt.

"Yeah, he's my dad." Erica replied sitting down.

"What's the other way." Asked Halt.

"The other way is for someone to get close enough and ran his sword threw his heart." She said.

"Hmmm" said Halt thinking.

"I have an idea." Said Erica after a few moments of silence...

Flashback ends.

Gilan and Horace nodded and alll three ran off, to help finish the plan.

With Shadow...

He was was dogging Halt, Crowley and Will's arrows. Crowley reached for another arrow but he was out along with Will.

"Looks like you two out of arrows." Shadow said.

"I'm not." Said Halt holding his last arrow. He fired it, it sailed through the air and went right threw Shadow's skull. His mask shattered reviling his blood red eyes, the hole in his head disappeared.

"Now that was an impressive shot, but I'm tired of playing this game." He said walking towards Halt. He threw two daggers, the entered Halt's shoulders. Halt let out a scream, he fell to the ground. Will and Crowley ran towards him, but then they froze unable to move.

"Now why don't you two say put." Shadow said with a wicked smile. He walked over to Halt, who saw still on the ground and he kicked him hard in the head. He put the tip of his blade on Halt's throat and started to make a small cut. Halt screamed in pain.

"I guess I'll kill you quickly. After all you did put up quite the fight." Shadow said, removing the tip of his sword and placing it by Halt's heart.

"This is funny though, my little brother saved your life and I'm ending it, but I do wonder who will finish my nephews training to be a Ranger." He said glancing at Will. If Will could freeze anymore he would, Shadows my uncle? Will thought.

"Well any last words?" Asked Shadow getting ready for the kill.

"Yeah, go to hell." Said Halt grabbing Shadow's wrists and pushing Shadows own sword threw his chest. Shadow backed up, then blueish-silvery markings appeared around him. Erica stepped out of the shadows with her hand held out, uttering words in a different language.

"Well played." Said Shdaows. They were by a cliff that was 50 feet high and below them was a rushing river. Shadow looked that way, and jumped off the cliff and part of the cliff gave way crushing his body. The spell on Crowley and Will broke and they ran over to help Halt. Erica fell to the ground in a dead faint.