Chapter 2

With Crowley:

He was looking at a map to see if he could figure out who was killing Rangers. Then he noticed something interesting, were ever the thife struck a Ranger died. Could be a coincidence or it could be the same person.

"Hey are you ok?" Asked Gilan. Crowley asked if he could go and warn Halt. Crowley quickly told Gilan, he nodded and ran out he would have to go to Halt and tell him what was happening.

With Will and Halt (Two days later):

They were getting ready, Halt walked over to the door and opened it right before Gilan knocked.

"Gilan what can we do for you?" Asked Halt letting a grin come to his face.

"I need to talk to you," he said seriously. Halt let Gilan in and he sat down. Halt got them coffee, but once Halt sat down; Halt offered him coffee but Gilan refused.

"Crowley believes that the man that has been killing Ranges is the thief. But that's not why I'm here, he killed another one and he marked his next victim......you." Gilan said. Halt sat there with an unreadable experience. Will just sat there shocked, all three of them sat there in silence.

"We have a job right now, so how about you come with us." Said Halt standing up.

"What are you not telling me?" Asked Gilan. Halt was silent he just turned and left.

"Will what is he not telling me?" Asked Gilan. Will told Gilan about the tax collection and how he and Halt were supposed guard it; also the about the decoy. Gilan nodded, but still looked worried. (A/N: I'm mean he must be, he refused coffee!)

"I don't think we have a thing to worry about, it will be three Rangers against one." Said Will.

With Erica:

"Here it is Arulean." She said. "And over there should be the tax collecter." Her horse gave a looked at her as if to say "shouldn't we be keeping our eyes on halt?"

"Don't give me that, I know what I'm doing." She said as she got of her horse. Grabbed her dagger and ran a head, she climbed a tree. Once she was up there she pulled on her mask and hood, she sat there listening. Three guards, two drivers and five horse, she gave a deep breath; took out a small whistle and blew. Then once the carriage was under her, she blew again; and some bushes started moving. The one of the younger guards moved away, but the older one stayed put. She bit her lip, breathed and then she jumped of of the branch on the ground. But before she could even lift, someone behind her said "stop!" How could have I been caught, she thought to her self.

"Take off that mask." Said the older guard. She moved her hands up and removed her hood and mask. She smiled as her brown hair fell in front her face and clear eyes.

"Your the thief?" Said the youngest guard?

"And your a Rranger?" She said. This time the one behind her gave a small gasp.

"How..." Will started to ask.

"Arrgg, I don't really like answering questions." She said.

"Your not the person who has been killing Rangers are you." Said Halt.

"You thought I'm the person who has been killing Rangers! I would never kill another human being!" She said angrily.

"Do you know who has?" Asked Gilan. Erica stopped and looked down, she bit her bottom lip; then slowly nodded.

"Perhaps we should talk to you else where." Said Halt. She nodded and gave a small whistle. Her horse came within moments, she mounted.

"Don't worry, I won't run off. I might be blind but I'm not stupid." Saw said looking torwards Gilan. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the same whistle. Then a little gray wolf came out and hoped on the back of her horse.

"Well were are you going to take me?" Asked Erica.