Chapter 7

With Gilan:

Gilan woke up to a bucket of ice cold water, being poured on him.

"Time to get up." Said Shadows, Gilan looked upward.

"Halt is making his move, now it's time to make mine." He said bending down to look at Gilan in they eyes.

"I'm going to take the gag off for a few seconds; but then I'm going to put it back on because, I have to make it look real and I'm going to let Halt find you. So you can be my spy." He said. Gilan tried to talk but the gag prevented it, Shadows took a small bottle from a bag. There was a red liquid inside. Then Shadows reached up and pulled down the gag.

"I'll never help you." Gilan said angrily.

"Oh I know this but you really don't have a choice in the matter." He said as he grabbed Gilan's head and forced his mouth open, then he poured the liquid inside. He closed his mouth and put the gag back on, Gilan shivered. He heard Shadows say something in a completely different language, his mind went completely black. But he did head Shadows voice.

"Now you belong to me, I can control you; but I want to erase your memory during the time I captured you. But I will use you, what ever you hear, I hear, whatever you see, I see. Now forget." He snapped his fingers and everything went black for Gilan.

"Now Halt once you find him it's your move." Said Shadows disappearing into the shadows.

With Will, Erica, Horace and Alyss:

"Halt's not there." Said Will coming down the stairs of the cabin.

"He is probably going after Gilan." Said Horace.

"No offence, but going after Gilan is stupid. I know Halt is amazing at archery and being a Ranger; but Shadows is waiting for him. I am positive." Erica said.

"How are going to find him and Gilan?" Asked Alyss.

"I have an idea." She said reaching in here pocket for a whistle she gave a small blow then out came Spirit. "Spirit I need you track two scents," she said handing the arrow and something of halt's towards the wolf. She sniffed at it then starred moving up a path.

"That way." Said Erica.

With Halt:

Halt was looking around, this is were Gilan would have been. Halt looked around, then he started heading into the forest. He was a few minutes in, when he grabbed his long bow and an arrow; and turned around.

"Well bravo." Said Shadows clapping.

"Where is Gilan?" Asked Halt.

"Now, now that would be cheating." Said Shadows shacking his head.

"What do you mean?" Asked Halt narrowing his eyes.

Shadows rolled his eyes, "I'm disappointed in you Halt, you are not realizing how I look at things; and that is a big key to beating me. But since you are not realizing how, I'll just tell you. Life is just a game to me, with everyone is just a piece; too me. Everyone and everything has a time limit, and it either dies or gets killed. Eventually trees and pants die, building will fall apart and humans died form killing each other." He said as he just started laughing maniacally. Halt just stood his ground, still holding his bow and arrow ready to fire.

"Your scared, I can see it in your eyes and your worried about your old apprentice Gilan..." Said Shadows. "...Well don't worry, because he is fine. But I'm here to make this interesting, you can have a free shot at me; I won't try to get away. Go ahead this is no trick." Halt took a deep breath and fired, he didn't know why he did he just did. The arrow when flying through the air and hit Shadows right between his eyes, that were still covered by his mask and hood. Halt stared at Shadows body that was up against the tree.

"Halt!" Shouted Will, Halt looked up to see Will, Alyss, Horace and Erica coming towards him. Halt was about to say something when Shadows moved his hand up to the arrow and pulled it out of his head.

"Well, that was a great shot; normal people would have been shaking to much to even look at he." Said Shadows, letting the blood run down his mask. Everyone stared at him in shock because they all saw the arrow in his head, and they were pretty sure that shot would have killed someone.

"You can't be still alive." Said Halt, his hands was shaking so slightly.

"Oh silly me, I forgot to say one thing about my self that is very important; I'm immortal." He said starting to laugh again.

"You said, knowing why you do things is a key to beating you. But how can anyone if your immortal?" Asked Halt, Shadows was silent for a moment and then started laughing.

"You think beating means killing me? You are a fool, it means you have to out think me; be moves ahead. Know what I'm going to do before I even do it or even think of it. And if you do get me in a situation where you could kill me like right now, you win; and the prize you get is to live. That's the real game, life and death; well for you any way. So what is it going to be Halt? Stay here and fight a pointless battle, or find Gilan alive because there is a poison in his blood stream that will kill him and the antidote it right here." Shadows said.

"How do we know if your telling the truth?" Asked Alyss.

"He is, that is the real antidote." Said Erica.

"How do you know?" Asked Horace.

"Because he loves the game, making the person have hard choices. Seeing them suffering, and choosing between there heart and logic." Erica said.

"Smart girl." Said Shadows tossing the antidote over to her.

"Horace, Alyss and Erica find Gilan and give him the antidote, then go back to the cabin. Will and I will handle Shadows." Said Halt they nodded and rode off ahead.

"That was smart but also stupid, you should have sent Will with the others and had Erica stay here. After all she knows a lot of my moves and she can even put a scratch on me." Said Shadows.

"I thought you said you were immortal." Said Will pulling out his bow.

"I am, but I still can get scars and but this wound will heal soon..." Said Shadows putting his hand were the hole in his head was, then it was gone. "...there we go. Now I guess you want to fight me now." Shadows said as he took out his sword.

With Horace, Alyss and Erica:

"Over there!" Said Erica pulling her horse to a stop. She dismounted and so did Horace and Alyss; who was riding on the back of Erica's horse.

"Is he?" Asked Alyss.

"No he's just unconscious." She said pulling out her dagger, and cutting the ropes. Erica pulled of the gag, and opened his mouth and poured the antidote in.

"I'm sorry about that..." She said to Gilan. "...Now can one of you please help me?" She asked Horace and Alyss. They both came over to help her, she put him on her horse.

"Alyss, Horace ride to Halts cabin I'll be right there." Said Erica getting ready to run.

"Where are you going?" Asked Alyss.

"Halt and Will can't fight him alone." She Said as she ran off to help them.