Chapter 1

It was a cool spring day, the only sounds you could hear was animals, a stream and hoove beets. There was a carriage with only two guards, but unaware to them a thief was waiting in the tree tops. The thief smiled as she heard the tewo guards step right under her, she pulled a rope that course the horses to trip; and there riders to go a few feet. She jumped down right on top of the carriage, and knocked the driver off. She stopped the carriage and hoped off and opened the door, she grabbed two satchels. There was a guard but she fought him off easily, she gave a whistle and a black horse came up; she hoped on the horse while it was still in motion. Once out of sight and a good 20 miles away, she pulled off her hood and her mask; and this girls name was Erica. Then she over heard men talking, about a murder. Time to find out whats going on, she thought. She took out her skirt, and put her hair up in a high bun. She got on her horse and rode into the clearing.

"Excuse me gentlemen, but can you please tell me what is going on here?" Erica asked sweety.

"Well what do you see M...." He started to say before realizing the girls cristal clear eyes.

"It's a body." He said.

"What? There's a dead body." She shrieked.

"Nothing to be alarmed about Miss, um...do you need help?" Another man asked.

"Oh no, I'm just out for a ride and my horse here knows the way home. Good bye and please have a good day." She said politely. She continued riding, but once she got out of sight she turned her horse around. She rode intill she was behind a tree, she stepped down from her horse; took off her skirt so she would morew room to move around in her leggings.

She leaned over too her horse and whispered "Go on head." The horse gave a nod of acknowledgment, and went on ahead. Erica started climbing the tree, once she got about three feet of the ground; she waited. She looked up and heared a horse approaching, the man rode to were the rest were.

"What happened Tom?" Crowley asked.

"He stuck again." Tom replied.

"Sigh, how could someone kill a ranger?" He asked as dismounted his horse.

"We don't know, but we do know who he is after next." Said another man.

"Who?" Asked Crowley.

"Halt." Tom replied. Erica covered her mouth, she jumped down form the tree. She gave a whistle and her horse came back, "come on girl." She whispered to her horse. Crowley looked up and all he saw saw a branch move and a squirrel fall out. Crowley looked up and the tree with Halt's name ingaved and a slash, he shook his head.

"How is this guy?" He asked.

Else were with Halt and Will:

(In middle of dinner, and no one worry they had there coffee. A/N how any one can have coffee at night and still sleep is beyond me.)

"Will..." Halt said. "...In two we have a mission, we are escorting the tax collection."

"Why?" Asked Will.

Halt groaned, why does this boy feel the need to ask questions he thought. "Because there has been a thief in moving around form Kingdom to Kingdom, and be no one has been able to avoid him or find him." Halt said.

But Will still had a look on his face, "What?" Asked Halt because he hated when will had that look on his face.

"Shouldn't there be some type of decoy? And we guard the decoy, then the thife will go after the decoy; because they will think that that's the real thing. Will said. Halt was drinking coffee at this time, he put the cup down and thought about what will said.

" That is not a bad idea, I'll go talk to Baron Arald tomorrow." Halt said. Will nodded feeling pride that he gave an idea that might work.

With Erica:

She was still riding her horse, even though it was midnight. "I'm sorry but we have to get to Arulean, as fast as possible." She told her horse. I have to do something to stop him, I can't let him kill anyone else; she thought.