Chapter 35- We're On Our Way

It All Started With Hello Ch.35

Artemis

"Isis. Artemis, get up! We need to go in thirty minutes. Wear something casual yet fancy. You have to dance." Keisha yelled at Isis and I.

We both groaned and rolled out of bed. I pushed her to the ground to get into the bathroom first.

"Goddamnit, Artemis!" Isis hissed as I slammed and locked the door in her face.

I laughed and took a quick shower and got dressed in a white blouse, black jeans, black and white Chucks, and a black blazer. I left my hair to fall as it pleased after I put my product in. I put on a pair of black Ray Bans and I drew a heart shaped peace side on my left wrist and a crown on my left hand by my thumb with a black Sharpie.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Isis rushed past me and slammed thed door closed.

I shook my head and grabbed my phone and bag. I walked out of the room and into the living room where everyone else was.

"How do I look? Too fancy? Or what?" I asked everyone.

"You look very beautiful, Artty." Kendon smiled at me.

"Hey, dude. That's my line." Prince said with a playfully scowl.

"You fine, Artemis," Walter said as Isis walked in. Isis, Jari, and Brittany were dressed identical to me. "You all do."

"Yeah. You just need some color. The black and white is killing the vibe. I don't see the Unique Royalty swag." Ray said.

"Yeah. Where did it go? Did it die?" Roc asked.

"Go put on your favorite color now." Prodigy ordered us.

"We don't have time for this. We have fifteen minutes to get there and there is traffic!" Keisha snapped.

"Here," Prince took off his glasses and took mine to put on. "Green glasses."

"You know green is not my favorite." I pouted.

"Should have thought of that earlier." He said like I was a small child. I stuck my tongue at him.

"Brit, cross necklace with a few bracelets." Ray told Brittany as he pulled a necklace and some bracelets out of his bag and put it on her.

"Isis, your favorite snapback of mine." Roc smirked and placed a blue and black snapback on Isis's head.

"And Jari Jewel, you must have my first teddy bear necklace." Prodigy smiled and placed a teddy bear necklace on Jari.

"You boys thought ahead." Isis smiled.

"Yeah we did." Ray nodded.

"Okay. Cute. Let's go." Keisha snapped at us and we ran outside to the van. Juno, Myles, Ma'Kayla, and Kendon followed after us silently-- still asleep.

I was nervous and jumpy so I started listening to my music.

"Did you tell your parents that you might be getting signed to a record label?" Walter asked. Isis, Jari, Brittany, and I pulled out our phones and made some calls.

"Hello? Mama?" I asked.

"What? Why are you calling me at 4AM?" Wendy asked with sleep in her voice.

"Mama, today is the day." I said.

"Really? After all this time?" She asked excitedly. She knows I mean us getting signed.

"Hopefully. The boys have a meeting the some people on the record label so they decided to get us to sing and dance for them." I smiled.

"I'll sign whatever needs to be signed when I have to. I love you, baby girl. You, Jari, Isis, Brittany, and Juno are gonna make it. I just know it." Wendy said. I almost cried.