Chapter 22- A Real Let Down

It All Started With Hello Ch.22

Artemis

"So why are you waving those flags?" Princeton asked me as we talked on ooVoo.

"Because all eighth graders must participate in a part of the marching unit. I decided to twirl flags. Only Jari, myself, and two other girls-- sixth and seventh graders-- are on flag and I'm captain." I answered as I twirled my two green, blue, white, and gold flags.

"Y'all marching in Mardi Gras, right?" Princeton asked.

"Yes. Ow! Fuck!" I hissed in pain as I threw up a flag and missed so it hit my head.

"Are you alright?!" Princeton asked in alarm.

"Yeah. I just missed the flag." I said and put my flags down. "What's going on with you and the boys?"

"Nothing. Just working on the new album and upcoming tour." He sighed.

"Why do you sound so sad?" I asked as I sat down on my bed with my phone in hand.

"Because we won't be here for your birthday or for the last parade so I can see you march." He said.

"It's okay. I'm not worrying about that. Hearing from you will be great enough for my birthday and I'll have Brittany record us as we pass." I said.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." Princeton glared at me.

"I'm trying. Okay?" I scoffed.

"And you think I'm not?" Princeton growled.

"You act like I'm the monster here! I'm the one calling and texting around your ever-changing schedule! It's not just hard for you, Princeton!" I snapped and he flinched. We both took deep breathes.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little stressed, but that doesn't give me the right to take it out on you." He smiled shyly.

"I'm sorry, too. I just....being captain I have so much to do and teach and make up. I still have to practice with Jewel, Royalty, and TrendyB and this is not the best time of the month for me." I frowned.

"And here I am fighting with you! I'm really sorry, Artemis. I'm like the worst person ever." Princeton gushed.

"No. No. No. It's fine. I--"

"Prince! Come on! We gotta go to the studio and practice!" Ray yelled. We both said.

"Oh. Hey Twin." Ray said in an afterthought.

"Hey Twin." I smiled sadly.

"Come on, Prince. We have to leave now." Ray said and left.

"Alright! I'm coming!" Princeton frowned.

"Bye Artemis." He blew me a kiss.

"Bye Princeton. Talk to you later." I blew him a kiss back before hanging up.