p r o l o g u e

And you'll read me my rights, if that's alright
I'll loosen up your ropes and let you bite
I wanna feel you tight, Arrest Me. - Shy Girls & Tei Shi

Xandra Holmes.

My friends had comparatively ditched me thirty minutes ago for body shots down at the end of the hall, where every classic 'hey can I get your number' men stood posted, drinks clasped in their hands or perfectly rolled blunts. 

Being content with my glass of water and small booth where I was talking to my friends about my moving plans.

Not even too sure why I agreed to come here in the first place. Nothing unique was going to occur to me, it usually never fails either.

Besides that one time I met up with a shaggy blonde who seduced me with shots of Whiskey and claimed he wanted to dance, but that was a year ago, so heck with it.

Every Saturday we come here, stay until three am and I'm the chauffeur of the night because I'm sober. I got used to it, but that became annoying.

I'm never a desperate person when it comes to relationship, but I'd like to connect with someone of the opposite sex on a new level. Like going on dates and living a little.

But what else do these guys want other than a woman's gates of heaven to open right before them.

Sure you could call me innocent, shy and an outcast, but I've always been tied down to my roots, being traditional and waiting for every difficult task that comes my way, forcing it to the side. Prime example, I'm damn near 25 years old and a virgin.

I could blame myself, or I could blame it on the fact that the right man hasn't stepped into my life and made me feel special enough to give it up, or even settle down then give it up.

Not one man, out of the five guys I dated throughout my college career, none were worthy enough. So, I stopped looking for love and I'm just going to let it find me.

Being tied down to my innocence was a habit, I couldn't seem to avoid this habit either. Infact, a few hours ago was my first cutting of string for my innocence. Well at least I believe so.

There had been guy who I had been staring at for the longest time now, and he was staring back. What did this mean? I have not a clue, but it made me remember what we shared, well he had a couple hours ago.

Unanticipatedly, I yelp attentively as I feel a cold boney hand pounce on my shoulder blade. Turning my shoulder, Kaylah without any words drags me to that exact hall and I'm fluttered with a flush of air blowing my whispies or hair around.

The same guy who I had made contact with was surely enough close to me as Kaylah maneuvered me through the compact hall.

Arriving in the room, it was crowded where a girl laid flat onto her back unaware, I knew she was unaware because she was shaking and crying.

Poor girl, the men teasingly licked liquor or other alcohol off her navel and torso as she squirmed.

"New table!" A husky darkskin cries out and everyone ducks out over the current area around the petrified girl and move across the room.

Being dragged into the mix, I shortly lost Kaylah and was somehow pounced onto a pool table.

The clattering of the balls moved around my head and pool sticks shuffled, clearing the table for my body. What the hell was I doing! This is not Xandra, Xandra would never take risk. Especially at a club!

"You wanna go? You Kaylah's friend right?" I believe the darkskin calls to me. Just live bitch! My conscience screams rapidly at me as I debate.