Duo of reds

AN~ I might've lied when I said this would be the last chapter, there will be this one and one more. Carry on my wayward sons and daughters!

Sam's POV

Bucky laid on the hammock, rocking herself back and forth. Finally realizing that Chase and Logan were only in her imagination, when we told her. I looked at my soldier girlfriend from a distance. She's been through more then Dean and I have. And we've died multiple times. If only there was something I could do for her, to make her feel like she mattered in this world. Instead of thinking she was a monster, and kills everything she touches.

"You know, at first, I didn't trust Bucky. Seeing how you look at her, reminds me of how you looked at Jess when I came to get you from college. You really care for Bucky, and if you trust her, I trust her too. She's saved our lives, and tries her best to be a good person again. I think Bucky is the right girl for you, so don't let her go." Dean said, coming up from behind me, and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Dean. That means a lot to me. Trust me, I won't let her go." I answered, backing away as Dean began to ruffle my hair.

"If you really wanted to make Bucky feel like she mattered, take her out tonight." Bobby said, coming out of the house.

"Why tonight?" Dean asked.

"It's her birthday today. And she probably hasn't celebrated it properly in nine years. Just the two of you Sam, I think that would make her feel a lot better." Bobby answered.

"Thanks for telling me Bobby. I'll defiantly plan something amazing for her. She does deserve something special." I agreed.

I walked away from my brother and Bobby, and over to my soldier. Her eyes were closed peacefully, but I knew she knew I was there.

"Hey Buck." I said, sitting on the ground next to the hammock.

"Why did they feel so real Sammy?" Bucky asked, opening her vibrant grey eyes.

"Sometimes when we love someone and loose them, they still feel like they're with us. And the more we love them, the more we think they are truly right there with us. Dean has told me stories where he saw our mom for a long time after she had already passed. You're not the only one Buck." I answered, sitting on the edge of the hammock.

"What about you Sam?" She paused, "is there someone you see? Or saw?"

"A couple years ago, I lost my girlfriend of two years, the same way I lost my mom. I loved her, and didn't love anyone else for a long time. But yea, I saw her for a long time too. That is until I met you."

"What do you mean when you said 'until I met you?'" Bucky asked.

"I mean what I meant." We both chuckled. "You're the first girl I've truly loved since I lost Jess. I don't feel so alone at night now, I don't have my usual nightmares that I had for years. Buchanan, I love you. So much, you've changed my life for the better."

Her eyes shined, and a giant grin made its way to her face. She wrapped me in a giant hug, and this time she wasn't afraid to hug me with her metal arm. Buck nuzzled her head in-between my neck and my shoulder for a few minutes. I held her with just as much strength, leaning my chin on top of her head.

"I love you too Sammy. You've been the first person that wasn't apart of my platoon that helped me battle my demons." She mumbled, staying in her position.

"Happy birthday, Buchanan." I whispered.

I felt her smile, and she hugged me tighter. Bucky pulled away first, and smiled up at me.

"How did you know it was my birthday?"

"Bobby." We both answered at the same time.

We laughed and her eyes shone brighter then I've ever seen them shine. Bucky was truly happy right now, and that's all I wanted for her. But, I was going to get an amazing present for her. One that would show how much I truly loved her. I pulled her in for a light kiss, and when we pulled away I saw Dean making kissy faces from behind Bucky.