Going back to the start

AN (super quick)

If you see italics, it means it's a flashback. I will be doing a lot of these this chapter, so I'm gonna get super lazy. So the paragraphs or even phrases in italics are a flashbacks. Thanks Gummies!

AN End

Bucky's POV

The car bumped along the dusty roads of South Dakota, in the middle of the night. Sam was asleep in the front seat, Dean drove, and I was in the back. I sat in the middle, so I could lean between the two front seats. We were close to home, and Dean told me to wake up Sam. And I quote, Dean told me to wake him up in a "sexual way". At first, I didn't understand what that meant, until he told me. I hit him over the head, and glared playfully at him. 

"I'm just trying to move things along in your relationship." He answered.

"Dean, it's been like five hours. If you try to intervene, I know Sam will probably kill you. This is my first ever relationship, so I'm gonna take it as slow as I want to. Thank you very much." I countered.

He raised his hands in defense, and continued to drive. I didn't want to wake Sam up just yet, he looked so peaceful. As if this was the first time in months that he's actually slept. The Impala pulled up to the unfamiliar, yet familiar at the same time, salvage yard. Dean jumped out to grab our gear, and I got the job of waking up Sam. I leaned foreword from the back, and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Before his eyes even opened, a smile made its way to his lips. A smile that I caused. Not a face of hurt or sadness. Which I saw a lot of when I was in Hydra. Every single time I completed an assignment, I wold lurk in the shadows just for a few more minutes. People would run to the fallen body, and look like their whole world was crushed. I caused so much people pain, more people then I killed. 

"NO!? Phil!" The widowed wife ran to her fallen husband, tears streaking her face. 

The child by her side stood back, completely paralyzed in shock. No tears ran down, and not a sound came from his mouth. The women sat on the ground, just rocking her dead husband back and forth. Muttering words to wake him up. It was pointless though, I made a kill-shot. 

The child turned around, and looked at me in the shadows. He walked up to me, and stuck his hand out, telling me to hold his hand. In the blink of an eye, I turned my gun on him. My eyes dark, and ready to kill. My orders were to kill the whole family. I was a good little assassin, so I never questioned my assignments. But this one didn't make sense. These people were not dangerous, why did I have to kill them. I shook my head of all thoughts, and trained my gun on him. If I didn't kill them, bad things would happen to me back "home."

"My names Jonathan, whats yours?" The small boy, no older then ten, asked me. 

I stayed silent, and kept my eyes on the target. The wife turned around, and saw her little boy trying to talk to me. Her eyes became wide as saucers, and she dropped her husbands body and ran to the last member of her family. 

"Johnny, no!" She screamed.

Completing my assignment, my finger pressed the trigger, releasing the bullets.

"Hey, Bucky? Are you okay hun?" A soft spoken voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I shook my head, coming back to reality. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired is all. I'm ready to get some sleep." I lied.

Sam nodded, and got out of the car. He opened my door, and reached for my hand. Exactly as the young boy, John, did. I became rigged for a split second, but reassured myself that I wasn't going to hurt either of these boys. I would rather die first, then risk these boys safety. I took his hand, and we went to go help Dean grab the bags. The older brother looked at me with concern, he knew I was lying. And he was trying to read what was wrong with me. I shook my head no at him, telling him not to tell Sam. Dean gave me an appointed look, which told me that this conversation wasn't over.