Chapter 14

"Ow" I whispered as my hand rushed to my head as a little sharp pain hit me. As my hand went to grab my head I felt my hair tied up with little curls hanging down my face all nice and perfect. When I realised that my hair was in a fancy bun I looked around to find a mirror to see how I looked just as I notice a long white/gold strapless dress clinging to my body as well as a pair of gold high heels. I gasped as I noticed the beautiful dress and the heels while looking for the door to get out.

Walking out of the hall I went to the first door I saw to get me out of here. As I open the door I saw a thin  mirror appeared in front of me making my mouth hang open as I saw how beautiful I looked in the outfit as I saw my hair all done up beautifully made as the white dress was clinging to me in all the right places. Suddenly a mask appeared in my hand decorated with purple swirls with a sliver background hanging from a string. Closing my eyes as I put the beautiful mask on I felt an odd feeling as I opened them and  found myself in a huge room with people dress up with masks like me dancing away into the night. Many had black dresses or gray ones as I saw I was the only one in white/gold with a sliver mask with purple swirls. Walking forward I found tables decorated to perfection, steamers hanging from high above swaying in the music, Wine poured into glasses getting handed out by people in masks and finger food on delicate trays sitting in silence as you could hear people dancing to the rhythm of the music as I looked in awe at everything.

All of a sudden the crowd of people dancing moved as a figure stepped out in a handsome tux with a fully black mask with black gloves. He began to walk towards me as he took my hand and gave it a quick peck sending a shiver up my spine making me feel frighten.

"Would you care to dance?" Looking up into his eyes I saw nothing but sadness and sorrow within his black eyes as he lead me to the dance floor as a slow song came on and the lights flickered as we started to dance. With each step we took in the dance the lights flickering dimmed each time while I looked up at the man with confusion.

"You know that you like gorgeous Lillian." I stared at him as I got more confused once he had called me Lillian while spinning me out into the floor of the dance floor as everyone spreed apart as we dance in the gloomy ball room.

"My name is not Lillian" I stated as he grin at my comment as he leaned in and whispered.

"Oh I know it is a pet name for you my dear." And with that the lights went out as I felt the cold air rush around me as a faint light hovered in the distance. Walking closer to the light I saw masks of all the people flash up as the transformed laughing at me as they mocked me as I got closer to the light just before it started to float away. All I could do was chase the small light as it got further and further away whilst I tried to catch it. A sudden pain hit my leg as I tripped over something just as the light floated away. I looked to see what it was as I got up see vines grow catching on my dress ripping it as I was running while a shadow started to cover the light 

Broken bits of white and gold hanged on the vines I passed as I rushed to grab the small light as my mask and hair fell out with bits of leaves from no where. All of a sudden the small beam of light stopped in it's tracks as I reached out to grab it as a shot of electricity zipped up my arm as I hugged the light for dear life as it slowly faded as I closed my eyes while the warmth spreed through me.

Opening my eyes a mirror stood in front of me while I looked over my body as I saw my dress ripped showing some of the cut on my legs as my hair was placed every where and my eyes with bags under them. Once I had looked in the mirror I felt a pair of arms wrap around me as a jolt of fright went through me as i saw the figure look in the mirror with a sly grin. I struggled to get out of his hold. Suddenly we were in a dark room with my back against the wall as his hands were wrapped around my neck as I gasped for air.

"Oh Lillian I have an offer for you my pretty." With that one of his fingers trailed across my face as he finally let go as I began to gasp for air when I fell to the ground holding my throat as I saw my hand had flecks of blood covering it from his nails digging in drawing all the red liquid.

"I think that if you help me I will go away from you and leave you alone for only a little thing." Looking up at him I saw a book in his hands as he passed it to me while the book flipped open turning to a page unknown. Staring wide eyed I decide what was best for me while he held onto my arm leaving a deep purple bruise.

"I will do it ok." Focusing on the words I read them out loud as I felt a surge of energy over come me the closer I got to finishing the spell. My only focus was on the words, but once I had finished I looked up to see him smiling at me which sent shivers up my spine as I felt dizzy and light head while I looked up at him as he came closer to me. I felt myself start to fall as if all my energy was drained from the spell. Looking up I saw he caught me in his arms his face inches from mine with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Good bye Lillian." he whispered to me as he crashed his lips onto mine making me float into darkness just as a bright light flashed in front of me as he vanished from my view as he was like a Dark light.