Chapter 9

Frozen I waited for the lightening to hit as my vision fuzzed and I felt light headed as I closed my eyes and repeated what the figure had said ' I always get my ways.' I could see my life flash before my eyes as I fell to the ground as a warm sensation passed over me just before I felt a presences near me. I slowly opened my eyes to see Drake holding me from the lightening protecting me with his body pressing up against mine making my heart fluttered at how close he was.

He slowly let go of me whilst  I laid on the floor starting to get up when I realized what had happened 'Drake had saved me' ,but he only saved me for a minute when another bit of lightening came from the dark cloudy sky directing its energy at me hitting me directly. A blood curling scream broke out of my body as I felt all the energy hit me and crawl inside me as I gazed into Drakes eyes and fell unconscious with his handsome face plastered in my mind hoping everything will be alright.

Drakes POV

I immediately regretted what I had said as I was watching Lila stare out the window watching the storm grow heavy in the distance. I noticed how she has been spacing out more today from what I know was probably from what happened from last night. My sudden thoughts had me opening my mouth to speak to her when I decided against it. I shut my mouth immediately as lightening started hitting the window sending screams from all over the room and sending some into immediate shock. Everyone was getting freaking out as the lightening was striking over and over until the glass shattered all around us making others flee from the room to find a safe haven.

Mr. Vance was rushing to get everyone out as the storm thundered down and lightening was striking everywhere while a big gaping hole sat where the window used to be. A sudden thought popped into my mind as I started to help get everyone out with the help of Trent and Darius as they rushed everyone to safety as my wolf inside howled as I realized Lila was not among the crowd of people. It was then that panic set in as I turned back and saw where Lila was frozen shock.

My wolf inside me wanted to break free and save her, but I couldn't in front of everyone not here anyway. My instincts kicked in sending me speeding through the arch as I rush to save her as the crystal clear light rushed towards her ready to strike. I ran over to her tackling her to the ground using my body as a cushion as we fell. I held onto her for dear life hoping i could shield her from the oncoming lightening like she could only keep me here as I tried not to crush her as i embraced her. I pulled away only to be sitting up to check on how she was as I let her get herself up. I stared at her in awe as I saw her beautiful chocolate coloured eyes stare into mine before I heard a heart stopping scream that made me nearly shift right on the spot.

Feeling little bits of energy serge through me as I saw Lila go limp in my arms I felt my heart nearly stop from what had happen. Shock and anger filled my system as I rushed to my feet and carried Lila out of the school earning stares from everyone as I shouted at Trent.

"Trent, you and Darius calm everyone down I am going to get Lila to the hospital ok."I shouted at Trent as he ran alongside me I ran out of the wreaked college and sprinted out into the cold airy forest. Trent had gone back to calm everyone down while I ran my heart out as Lila was still limp in my arms. I ran on the rocky terrain hoping this would help cut time to the hospital to ensure that Lila would be safe from any harm and be able to be seen to that she was ok.

Finally spotting the hospital I sprinted forward hoping Lila is ok in my arms just before I stopped in front of the doors while I impatiently waited for them to open so I could help get her to a doctor. Finally they opened leaving me to leap over obstacles as I rushed to the front desk for help for Lila.

"Please can you help her?" I pleaded as I saw her motionless body in my arm whilst the lady at the front desk looked asking what had happened to her.

"She has been struck by lightning could you please just help her." She looked up at my face and nodded just before she shouted for the nearest doctor or nurse to come help her. Once I looked into the nurses eyes once she had shout for medical attention stat as she stared at me bewildered

I had the nurse come and get Lila out of my arms. Everyone was rushing to get Lila onto a hospital bed as they took blood and other stuff for tests as she lay there helpless as a doll while everyone was rushing around her shouting. They quickly ran her to a room and hooked her up to a monitor and waited for the thing to start up beeping at a normal rate to show she was ok making me know she was just fine. I waited for them to finish with her just before I walked in and took a seat next to her hoping she will be ok.

Looking at her I gazed at her beautiful face with her bright red lips, a cute little nose and chocolate coloured hair brushing over her gorgeous eye that remained shut I felt a stab of pain go through my heart for not doing as much as I could to save. I gently picked up her hand I whispered to her "I will never let anything hurt you again" Just before I found myself asleep within a matter of hours holding onto her soft hand letting her know I will always be there with her.