Chapter 6

Waking up in a cold sweat I notice myself standing in a dark towering maze full of vegetation everywhere whilst mirrors sparkled all around me and statutes started to stare into my eyes sending an uneasy feeling into my stomach. I start to panic as I heard cries of wolves nearby making my heart rate speed up and send me out into a frenzy in my mind to wondering what had happened? Why am I here?

My eyes jumped around looking at everything around me from the stone cold statues to the thick green vines coming from the old cracked mirrors nearby. Each little object in the towering maze brought me back to the memory of it throwing me onto the rock making my hand voluntarily move to the back of my head as a warm liquid seeped onto my hand. Pulling back my now pale hand I spotted crimson red blood covering my fragile skin. The picture of the blood finally sank in and I remember the whole thing and started sprinting to find my way out of this deserted area when stabs of pain started hitting me from within only to bring me to a holt. I could feel my head pounding from the blood seeping out making me put pressure on the cut. Yet the pain of the cut made me feel helpless in this maze whilst I tired getting out of this over grown place when I spotted a faint breeze brush over me as I tried following it to find my way out.  

Adrenalin started pumping through my veins as I got closer to the breeze making me rush over to the area to find an opening out of this place. Finally the exit was behind me as I made my way over to a pohutukawa tree and leaned against smearing blood from my hand onto it before I continued moving away from the horrible maze. When a midnight black wolf with brown/gold streaks was blocking my path away from the over grown vegetation making me grow tired from all the moving around. I slowly staggered closer to the wolf as it watched me with its warm brown eyes staring into mine making me feel safe. The sudden movement I made only made my headache grow worst as I got closer to the wolf just before I touched its soft fur only to have a shock of warm fuzzy tingles move up my arm and make me feel warm. The wolf just stood there as I stroked its fur before it nudged me with its nose making me wobble a bit before I looked into its eyes and felt mine roll back into darkness.

Drakes POV

Finally finishing my plate of food I felt the need to go for a run to let my wolf out, but to also check for rogues just in case there are any of them trying to threaten us in any way.  Feeling my bones shift into place I started running as fast as I can dashing through the forest only to let out a big hearty howl into the wind as I remember the time me and my parents would always go here and run together. Just then I heard the crunching of leaves lingering near my ears making me turn to my right were the wolf Inside howled to see who it loved the most making me look into her eyes. All I saw within in them were that they full of shock and horror with her pale white skin to match and bags under her warm brown eyes. Suddenly I noticed the trail blood dripping down her pale arms making me growled on the inside as I want to kill who ever did this to her.

She staggered over to me and away from the pohutukawa tree only to see a blood red hand print on it making me feel anger, but only to have it go away as warm fuzzy sparks wrapped itself around me as she stroked my fur over and over again. I was curious what happened to her making me nudge her body to wake her up from her daze. She wobbled a bit before her eyes connected with mine just before they rolled back into her head making her body collapse to the ground. Luckily just in the nick of time I shift back to normal self and quickly went to catch her which sent warmer sparks up my arms from which she had landed on. My instincts kicked in and sent my running back home to get her patched up and rested so she didn't feel too bad when she wakes up. Wind brushed passed me as I sprinted through the forest and back to my house to fix her up.

Carrying her into my house I rushed in thinking of what to do to help her before I finally reacted and shouted for Darius to come help.

"Darius can you unfold the sofa bed!" I shouted just as he walked in to help unfold the bed and put it in its right place. I passed her over to Darius before I rushed into the bathroom to grab the first aid kit and rushed back into the room to find the bed made making me open up the first aid kit to pull out all the stuff I needed to help her whilst I sat there needing to be close to her. Darius passed her over to me on the bed as I began to clear her wounds as a smile appeared on her face while she snuggled closer into my arms making it hard for me to think.

Once I finished cleaning her wounds I place her onto her back under the covers as I got up to throw away all the bloody tissues and cleaned up the mess I made. Just before I finished packing up I looked over to find her shivering making my wolf howl at seeing her cold. Slowly getting into the bed with her I pulled her close to me to warm her up when she snuggled closer to me making a smile appear on my face. While she cuddled me I looked down at her beautiful face as I brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes as her smile widen at my touch. All I could do now was wait as she slept from which the dream world she entered as I felt myself start to drift off as warmth from her sent me in to a wonderful sleep just before I cuddled closer to her as I kissed the top of her head and fell into a wonderful dream just the same as her.