Chapter 8

Thunder boomed, lightening striked in every direction and rain smashed against the window with such a force from the wind howling against it nearly everyone jump out of their seats. My mind was wandering around in dream land while Mr. Vance dribbled on about history and all that junk as Lola started writing down some random stuff.

"Hey Lila what are you doing for prom?" Lola finally spoke something making me gasp at her for what she had finally said just before I turned to answer her.

"Nothing I might not go unless I get a date, but I don't care." I just shrugged at my answer and looked around the class only to find myself staring at Drake making a shiver run down my spine as I noticed he smirked probably knowing I was staring at him. Finally turning away I saw Lola smirking at me making me blush knowing I had been caught staring.

"Oooh were you staring at Drake, Lila?" Her smirk turned into a smile making me shake my head as I tried to make it look like I was doing something before I answered her.

"No I was looking at the writing on the wall Lola." Man that was something stupid I should of thought about before speaking. Lola raised an eyebrow at me just before I changed topic.

"What have you and Yasmin been talking about?" As a random topic popped into my head I felt like smacking my forehead knowing I should of said something that can keep us away from the staring topic for longer. Just as she was opening her mouth to speak lightning hit the power line sending us into darkness.

A few screams erupted from different areas in the class as some girls freak while others huddle for light around their phones. Mr. Vance began to tell everyone to stay calm as he went to get more lights for us to use. I found myself chuckling at all the silly reactions as I sat in my warm desk with my key chain light lighting up my little area with Lola hugging her phone as if was the only source of light. I snucked in a little laugh fit from the look on Lola's face. I calmed myself down before looking around to notice Drake tense as he eyed his surroundings carefully as he grabs a desk near me with his pals around him.

"You sure you don't need a thunder buddy just in case you get scared" I stared at him in shock at what he was suggesting just before I poked my tongue out at him and looked over at Lola before I said my come back at him with a smirk.

"Well maybe you only asked because need one cause you're a little girl" a giggle erupted from Lola and Drake's friends laughed a little at my remark while Drake just frowned until it turned into a smirk just before he leaned in to whisper his come back at me.

 "You never know what could happen in the dark to someone as pretty as you" As he leaned back he wiggled his eyebrows just as I blushed as bright as a tomato at his comment happy no one could see me in the dark with my bright red face. After awhile we learnt the two guys with Drake were Trent and Darius, Trent was the tall with midnight black hair and light green eyes with a muscular built while Darius was tall with a muscular built, black hair with a dark blue streak and dark blue eyes had flecks of green .

While Lola and the boys chatted I just watched the storm reek chaos across the land whilst catching a glimpse of Lola flirting with Trent making a smile appear on my face from how cute they look together. My smile faded away as I focused more on the scenery in out the window just before I heard a chair scrap away at the ground next me to as there was a sitting Drake.

"Hey what's on your mind? Cause you look very distracted."Drake asked me as I turned to look at him only to find his eyes focused on me. I felt a bit of my heart flutter as I saw the concerned and loving look he gave me and all I could say was nothing.

"Are you thinking about last night? And what happen? Cause you can trust me you know." I knew in my heart I could trust Drake, but I was still working it out myself from what I know all of last night was because of it dragging me to that area. As I started looking out the window again the storm was growing heavy and a flash of lightening hit the window sending waves of panic over every one as some scrabbled to the door while others just stood there from the shock. I stared in horror at the window as the lighting started to strike again until the glass shatter in front of me while  Mr. Vance was directing everybody out of the with the help of Drake, Darius and Trent. I could feel my heart wanting to jump out of my body from what was happening around me whilst the lightening got ready for another strike on the classroom.

My legs were frozen to the spot as I saw the dark figure standing outside the shattered window with his face hidden behind a hood showing only a small grin. I knew why he was here. His lips moved saying something I could barely hear as the room span around me and my sight went fuzzy from an overload of everything and what just happened, but I could see the lightening coming from a mile away as I closed my eyes knowing I could not get away and waited for the hit. When I finally realized what he said 'I have my ways' just before I was falling.