Chapter 13-The Morning After

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 13-The Morning After

Miranda Barone's POV

I sighed contentedly, the weather had been unusually cold these few days and now I was feeling all  toasty and warm. Never had my sheets smelled so good. Peppermint and something masculine. I burrowed my head further into my sheets before freezing.

Wait a minute, I wasn't on my bed. I was sleeping on my sofa. Oh right Slade Kolosov was staying with me! I turned around to see his face mere inches from mine. His chin was resting against my shoulder. My heart skipped a beat, why did his lashes have to be so long? When he was awake, Slade Kolosov was good looking but he had a dangerous and savage look about him because those blue eyes could speak volumes, but when he was sleeping? He had a boyish look about him and he seemed more vulnerable. 

Bruises littered some areas of his handsome face and his plump kissable lips had a cut on them. I almost wanted to reach out to trace those harsh bruises on his face before I stopped myself. I slapped myself inwardly before I shifted and realised that his arms were wrapped around my body. In fact his right hand was cupping my left breast and the other was wrapped around my waist and was resting on my hip.

I blushed furiously before slowly slipping away from his grip. I didn't like the way his touch affected me. I got off the sofa clumsily but quietly before running off into the bathroom and locked the door.

What was I going to do about Slade Kolosov who was just sleeping a few metres from where I was? Was I still friends with him? I had no clue.

"Why can't we be friends? I know what I did was wrong. But you bring colour back into my life Mel. I need you."

I flushed at that memory. Could I truly believe him? Words of a drunk couldn't be taken seriously could it? My cheeks heated up and I rinsed my hands under the tap before pressing them against my cheeks.

"I need you Mel. More than you'll ever know."

A small smile made its way onto my face before some sense knocked into me. Why was I behaving this way? Slade Kolosov tried to kill me! But he had apologised sincerely. But him accusing Alexi of being in the Mafia did sort of make sense when I really thought about it.

Alexi had an unusual and yet alarming number of guards around his home. And sometimes his home had shady people around-people that weren't the sort to hang around Alexi. Could Slade be right about my brother being in the Mafia? I shook my head vigorously, my strawberry blonde curls flying around my face. No what was I thinking? Blood is thicker over water right? Well in Slade's case, blood is thicker than alcohol considering that Slade Kolosov was an on-and-off kind of friend like how alcohol is. Because alcohol was the kind of thing you had a love-hate relationship with. 

How was I going to deal with him? I didn't know how to react when he was all vulnerable and needy. But his usual moody self? That I can handle. I took a deep breath before nodding determinedly to my reflection in the mirror Alright, I would act as if everything was alright.