Chapter 4-The Coincidence

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4-The Coincidence.

Miranda Barones's POV

It was Monday and a whole weekend after the Slade incident. And so far, I had been waiting for Slade and his minions to come after me. Maybe I was paranoid but I guess it was better to be safe than sorry.

Hopefully, Slade had forgotten all about me. No one tried to kill me or break into my house yesterday or last night and a huge sense of relief filled my body. I got into my car and drove off for work. I was looking forward to see the children again.

I managed to park my car nearer the kindergarten this time, I didn't want another repeat of the Slade incident when I managed to escape him.

"Ms Mel!" I turned around and saw Mikael and the blonde woman from before and they came to a stop in front of me. "Hello Mikael. How was your weekend? Hi, you must be Mrs Carson." I smiled down at him and took out my hand to shake Mikael's mother.

She studied me before her lips broke out into a smile, "Call me Mira. Is Mel short for Melanie? Melissa?"

"It's actually Miranda but I think Mel is easier to pronounce and a much nicer nickname." I said awkwardly and Mira nodded her head. "Would it be alright if I call you Mel?"

I nodded and smiled, "Sure."

"Alright, normally, I always send and pick Mikael up, but today, his uncle will be doing so as I have an appointment later in the afternoon." Mira explained.

I nodded and shoved my hands in my pockets, "Sure, that won't be a problem." Mira beamed at me and she bent down and kissed Mikael on the cheek. "I'll see you later baby."

Mikael nodded and hugged Mira tightly before running off to class. "I'll see you around Mel." Mira nodded to me and I gave her a smile, "It was very nice to meet you Mira." Mira gave me one last smile before walking off.

I let out a breath before walking back to the classroom. With her long blonde curls and blue eyes, Mira didn't seem like she was from a gang, nor did she seem like a criminal. In fact she seemed like a runway model. Those talk about her in a gang were just probably rumours.

***

"And also, make sure you remember to bring your items for show and tell tomorrow. Alright, that's all for today. You may go now." Immediately, the children yelled and shouted their goodbyes before running out of the class and into the kindergarten courtyard.

I packed my bag and a hesitant knock on the door was sounded. A handsome man glanced sheepishly at me before running his hands through his blonde sandy hair. "Hey, you're Miranda right?"

I nodded and gave him a small smile, "Yeah. And you are?"