Extra #2: The End-Slade's POV

All Rights Reserved

Extra #2: The End-Slade's POV

January 2016

Slade Kolosov's POV

"So what do you want to do today?" Mel asks as her head rested on my chest while I played with her curls.

"Stay indoors." I grunted out and Mel traces the tattoos on my arm with her finger. "Alright. It's freezing anyway."

We laid there in comfortable silence and I took the moment to file this memory along with the others we shared together. She slowly sat up and ran her fingers through her messy curls and smiled at me.

Right there and then, I swore that my heart seemed to beat even faster from her smile. "I'm going to have a bath before making brunch. You can join me if you want." She hinted and gave me a suggestive grin and sauntered seductively into the bathroom.

I watched her retreating figure hungrily, enjoying the way my shirt enveloped her small frame yet highlighting the curve of her ass. I grinned wolfishly to myself. I had my hands on that perfect round ass just last night.

I got out of bed and was about to make good of her suggestion when my leg hit the bedside drawer and immediately, what lay inside made me change my mind.

Glancing to see that the door leading to the bathroom was closed, I opened the drawer and took out the small square velvet covered box and opened it, revealing the engagement ring I was going to give to Mel.

Even though, I had slept around with quite a few women, I was a little old fashioned. I believed that before marrying anyone, there was to be an engagement. Perhaps I had gotten some of these beliefs from my mother before she passed.

I studied the ring, ensuring that it was in perfect condition. I knew Mel had a thing for sapphires. When we walked down the street and pass by jewellery boutiques, her eyes would linger on those that had sapphires on them.

It was the perfect opportunity to propose to her, especially now when she would be all wet and slippery from her bath. I was about to make my way to join her when a thought occurred to me.

What if she rejected me? She wouldn't. Or would she? The thought of not knowing her answer made my palms sweat and I scowled at myself, I am not a fucking weakling. I am Slade Kolosov and I wasn't scared of anything.

I made another step and this time, the image of Mel hesitating while I waited for her answer made me stop. What if that actually happened?

I clenched my jaw and contemplated. I know Mel wouldn't say no. But if I proposed to her in public, it would minimise the chances of her even saying no.

Right, I decided I would do it outdoors even though I didn't want to be out in the freezing weather. I shifted my jaw and grabbed my jeans and a button down shirt before making my way down to the living room to grab my coat.