Chapter 9-The Disastrous Date

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9-The Disastrous Date

Miranda Barone's POV 

I smoothed down my dress as Dylan came towards me with a charming grin on his face. "Ready?" 

I nodded and shouldered my bag before smiling and looking up at him. "Yes."

"I almost forgot, you look very beautiful today." Dylan added in with a handsome smile as he led me to his car and helped me in. 

"Thank you. You look really nice too." I replied and Dylan gave me a lopsided grin in response. "Sooo where are we going for dinner?" I questioned dragging the o's. 

"We are going to a semi-casual restaurant where I heard they have great taste in wine. I hope that you like wine?" Dylan questioned a little nervously. 

I feigned a cringe, "What if I told you I didn't?"

Dylan shot me a panicked expression before giving me a hesitant grin, "Oh. It's alright, we can always go elsewhere."

"I'm just kidding. I love wine, especially red wine." I laughed before Dylan shot me a disgruntled expression before chuckling, "You almost had me there. I thought you were serious!"

I laughed in response before Dylan and I made small talk about teaching the children at the kindergarten. We entered the restaurant and a waitress showed us to our seats. After we placed our orders and our choice of wine. I took a sip of my glass of wine before asking casually, "What made you ask me out anyway?" 

Dylan gave me an embarrassed grin before ducking his head down, "Sorry, I am not gonna share on that. You would not believe the cheesy thoughts that were running through my head." 

I laughed before giving him a smile. "Well alright, thank you for taking me out tonight."

Dylan shrugged before giving me a bashful grin, "No problem, why wouldn't I take a beautiful woman out anyway?"

My cheeks flushed bright red at his compliment and Dylan chuckled before turning curious, "So, who's that man from yesterday?"

I tensed, wasn't the whole purpose of this date is to forget about Slade? I forced a nonchalant grin, "Oh, he's just a friend."

Dylan's eyebrow rose before shooting me a skeptical look, "Really? He seemed to be more than one. I hope I don't have competition."

I laughed before shaking my head, "No really we're just friends. Besides Slade Kolosov doesn't date."

"You're friends with Slade Kolosov? And that was him yesterday? Isn't he the leader from the Russian Mob?" Dylan gave me a stunned expression.