Chapter 27-The Date

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 27-The Date

Miranda Barone's POV

"Is it true?"

I turned around and frowned, "What?"

"You and boss going on a date." Mark answered as he entered my room and wriggled his eyebrows at me. "Yeah. Why?" Mark smirked at me, "Wear-"

"MARK!"

"What? I was just going to say wear something warm." Mark said defensively and I flushed, "Oh." Mark huffed. "Sheesh, Princess why do you always think I'm going to bring that up?"

I rolled my eyes before shooting him a pointed glance. "Wow, I have no idea." I said sarcastically and Mark grinned shamelessly at me before tossing something my way. I caught it and opened the bag before glaring at him as I tried not to let the blush rise to my face.

"Mark." I gritted out and he exploded into laughter and walked out of the room. "Have fun with that!" I glared at his retreating form before looking down at the black racy lingerie he threw at me. Was I seriously considering this?

Ugh, I threw the item into the back of my closet and sighed. Something warm. Now that it was November in Chicago, it was getting really cold. I scowled. Mark was not helping, it was obvious that I had to wear something warm.

My eyes drifted to the lingerie set. Was I serious about this?

***

As I walked down the stairs, I could feel Slade's eyes on me. "Hi." I said lamely. Ugh, hi? What was I thinking?! That was stupid Mel! I scolded myself. Slade was in his jeans and a formal button down black shirt with a back coat on. He hadn't shaved but he was still his ruggedly gorgeous self. "You look really good." Slade offered once he was done staring.

"Thank you." I said shyly as I smoothed my jean clad legs before grabbing my coat and my purse. "So where are we going?" I asked as we exited the main door. "Up."

Slade said as he pressed the last button on the elevator. "Up?" I questioned. "Yeah." I raised an eyebrow. Wait the date was in our own building? Was this still considered bringing me out when we were technically not out of the building?

"Oh good. Your cut is getting better." I said once I inspected the cut on his temple. Slade grunted before ushering me out of the elevator and I was met with a beautiful city view and a table and two chairs with elegant dining ware. "Wow." I uttered as I took in the scene. The top floor here was like a gardener's dream. There were different flowers and plants that were growing here. Fairy lights twinkled around as they were hung onto the beams that supported some of the plants.

"I know it isn't that much but I told you before, I don't do romantic shit." Slade said defensively when he saw that I was lost for words. "No, it's perfect. I love it." I beamed and kissed his cheek.