Chapter 34-The Attack

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 34-The Attack

Miranda Barone's POV

"Miranda."

I jerked awake and a splitting headache pounded through my head. "Good. You're awake." I let out a soft groan and spotted a man in his thirties or forties dressed in a suit sitting in front of me. Honestly, I expected him to be wearing jeans or something sloppy but he was in a suit and this man seemed distinguished.

I looked down at my hands and I was surprised that I wasn't tied to anything and glanced around. I was in a well furnished bedroom and I sat up slowly from the bed. "Who are you? What do you want from me? Where's the child?" I questioned fearfully even though I was trying not to show it.

The man shrugged, "My name is of no importance to you. But seeing that you will be here for quite a while, you can call me Joseph. The child is fine."

I eyed him warily, "Prove it." Joseph raised an eyebrow and gestured for something. And soon the door opened and a man brought Mikael in. I quickly appraised him and saw that except for some minor scratches, he was fine.

The man released Mikael and he ran towards me. I held him tightly, afraid for him. "See he's fine. I don't like hurting children but if you don't answer my questions, then I would have no choice but to do so."

I inhaled sharply and Mikael clutched onto me tightly, his little body was almost shaking from fear. I quickly nodded my head and glanced around the room to see if there was any way I could escape.

The room was well furnished and had a ensuite bathroom and a closet. But there wasn't any windows and the only exit from the room was the door. Darn it!

"Good. Now, let's start. I'm sure you've heard things. After all, you're Slade Kolosov's girlfriend. Now, is the Russian Mob and the Italian Mafia working together?"

I shook my head and rubbed soothing circles on Mikael's back. "No. They aren't. My brother doesn't like Slade." I answered quickly.

Joseph frowned slightly and shrugged, "That must be difficult especially during family occasions." He mocked and I remained silent.

"Alright. Second question, are Kolosov's men loyal to him?" I nodded, "Yes they are. Even those who have retired."

Joseph frowned, "That's not a good thing. What's your name boy?" He directed the question to Mikael.

"Mikael." He answered quietly and Joseph sighed heavily, "Mikael what?"

"Mikael Carter." I answered quickly before Mikael could say his actual name. If Joseph and his men knew that Mikael's father is Slade's right hand man, things would be even worse.

"Right then. Now one last question. Where does Slade Kolosov keep his money and his weapons?"