Chapter 37-The End

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 37-The End

January 2016

Miranda Barone's POV

I sipped from my hot cocoa and watched Slade tapping away at his phone. "Honestly, I didn't know you wanted to go out today. Where was the Slade that said he wanted to stay at home all day?" I teased and Slade raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "I changed my mind."

"Oh really?" I asked coyly and continued sipping from my hot beverage. It was still freezing here in Chicago and I was pretty sure my cheeks were flushed from the cold.

Christmas with Slade was interesting. It seemed like he had never celebrated it before. When I had asked if he wanted to get a Christmas tree, he had given me a funny look and said, "Why would you want a tree in our own house when there are so many trees outside?"

At that, I wanted to slap my forehead. But nonetheless, it was still memorable. Grayson had came for our little family dinner and it was awkward but no one was trying to kill each other and I could say it was an improvement.

"Give me your hand." Slade asked absentmindedly as he still looked at his phone. I frowned before slipping my left hand into his larger one. "Why?"

Slade ignored my question and I glanced out of the window momentarily distracted as I watched people rushing to and fro on the streets before a cool metallic item slid onto my ring finger. I looked down and my eyes widened and Slade continued sipping from his beer.

"W-what is this? Is this an engagement ring?" I squeaked out and Slade shrugged, "Yeah. You're engaged to me now." He said casually and went back to his phone.

What. I gaped at him before protesting, "But you didn't even ask me. And how are you so confident that I'll say yes?" I demanded gobsmacked.

Slade shrugged and gave me a blank expression, "Because that's the only answer isn't it?" I sat up indignantly before retorting, "Well what if I said no?" Not that I was going to say no. It was just that Slade and his conceited arrogant self annoyed me sometimes.

Slade cocked an eyebrow before leaning back onto his seat, a smirk playing on the corner of his lips. "Would you say no?" He asks arrogantly and I pursed my lips. "Well, I would have said yes if you asked."

Slade shrugged and took another sip of his beer, "Why would I bother asking a question that I already know the answer to?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and growled, "You are so full of yourself!"

"I already told you not to expect romantic shit from me." Was his bored reply and I scoffed before slipping off the pretty engagement ring and placed it back onto the table. "What are you doing?" Slade asked warningly, his blue eyes turning hard as he spotted the gorgeous ring on the table and not on my finger.