Extra #4: The Arrivals

All Rights Reserved

Extra #4- The Arrivals

2021-The Birth Of The Twins

Miranda Kolosov's POV

I scowled at the man standing in front of me. "What do you mean I can't go out?"

"I'm sorry Mrs Kolosov, I'm not allowed to let you leave the house." The tall burly man said firmly and I contemplated running out of the house but I gave up with that idea. I couldn't possibly run around with my very pregnant belly.

"Well, but I am your boss' wife. So in a way, I'm in charge. Thus I demand you to let me leave!" I said and crossed my arms. I was sick of staying at home. Being pregnant is one thing but being pregnant with twins was a total different thing.

My back ached, I couldn't sleep well and I was tired of having mood swings. I couldn't even apply nail polish to my toenails! And because of that, Slade was more protective than ever. "Sorry Ma'am, boss said that his word trumps yours."

I scowled and growled under my breath. "Of course he did." I mumbled and went back to the living room and sulked. Kat was in kindergarten and Slade was picking her up from school and I had hoped I would be able to sneak out of the house to get some damn chocolate tarts but no! I couldn't even leave the house!

I groaned in annoyance as my back ached even more. I was now reaching full term and honestly, this pregnancy with the twins was a more difficult one than Kat's. Maybe it was because I was carrying twins.

The door burst open and Kat ran into the house screaming with laughter. "Mommy! Daddy's chasing me!"

Automatically, my lips twisted into a smile at the sight of Slade playing with Kat. I would forever treasure this sort of moments where I would see Slade being so open and playful with Kat.

"Mommy!" Kat squealed in laughter as she jumped onto the sofa beside me. I laughed and cuddled her. "How was school Kat?"

"Great! I drew a giant purple spider!"

I grinned as Kat continued prattling on what she did in school and I felt a gaze on me before looking up too see Slade watching us from where he was leaning on the doorway.

Looking at him, all the annoyance from earlier came back and I scowled at him. By now, Kat had gone up to her room to most probably play with her dolls when Slade made his way to me. "Matt told me you tried to leave the house."

My frowned deepened and I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest. "Yes. I did. Speaking of that, why can't I go outdoors?"

Slade raised an eyebrow, "You're pregnant Mel. Of course not."

This infuriated me even more and I shot him a glare. "Yes I am pregnant not ill. So why can't I go outdoors?" I demanded and Slade shot me a flat look.