Chapter 10-The Car Ride

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10-The Car Ride

Slade Kolosov's POV

"Admit it."

"No."

"Slade Kolosov! Admit it!"

"No."

"We all know that you arranged for him to be poisoned. Just admit it!"

"If you already convinced yourself that I poisoned that cop, why are you making me admit it?"

Mel scowled at me before narrowing her hazel eyes at me. "Because I'll like to hear it."

"No."

Mel growled in frustration before whirling around to make her coffee. Currently we were in her home having breakfast. Well she was having breakfast, I was merely here because we had agreed to have lunch together.

I eyed her figure and frowned, now that I had been barging into her home in the morning, Mel had chosen to wear pyjama shorts to sleep and was now walking around in them. I really missed those days that she went without them with just her panties and an oversized shirt on-wait. The fuck. Was Mel wearing a guy's shirt?

"Who's shirt are you wearing?" I questioned, suddenly irritated. It was obvious that she was wearing a man's shirt due to the way the sleeves drooped down her slender arms. I narrowed my eyes at the offending top and shifted my jaw. It better not be that cop's shirt.

"Hmmm? This? It's my brother's shirt. I stole it from his closet a few years ago." Mel said casually as her big eyes gazed at me curiously. "Why?"

My annoyance faded and I shrugged, "Nothing, I thought it belonged to that cop. He must have gotten lucky if you're wearing his shirt."

Mel rolled her eyes before sipping from her coffee, "Well, its my brothers'. And at least Dylan would have gotten lucky with me. Something that you will never get to do."

It was obvious that Mel was baiting me. It was also clear that Mel and that cop had never even gotten to first base. If they did, I would have broken the no-killing-Dylan rule Mel made me adhere to and the citizens of Chicago would be talking about the brutal death of a police officer the very next day.

Feeling pretty smug about that train of thought, I shrugged, "I always get lucky, everyday and anytime I want." At this, Mel narrowed her eyes at me before pressing her lips into a thin line.

She gripped her coffee mug with her left hand a little tighter before making a face as her other hand gestured wildly, "Well if thats true, I guess we can cancel today's lunch if you're that occupied. I don't want to get in the way of things." Mel plastered on a sweet smile and I scowled.