Chapter 14-The Four Words

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14-The Four Words

Miranda Barone's POV

Two weeks have passed ever since Slade and I became friends. To be honest, at first when Slade had picked me up to send me to work, it felt pretty awkward. How was I supposed to react about his feelings for me that had supposedly passed the 'just friends' border? But after a few of Slade's inappropriate comments, his moodiness and his usual charming yet snarky self, things were back to normal.

However, we never talked about his admission of his feelings for me. I guess it was a silent agreement between Slade and I to never bring it up. "Where do you wanna eat?"

"I wanna go to that cafe where you brought me before." I suggested and Slade frowned. "What? Which one?"

I pursed my lips, trying to think of the name of the restaurant before giving up. "The one on that day you had to leave early and Mark sent me home."

Slade grimaced, "Why? Let's go to some place new."

I shrugged, "Well we hadn't really eaten there together because you had to rush off. So why not there?"

"Well, I want to try something new."

"Like what?" I questioned with both my brows raised. 

"Just something new!" He snapped impatiently and I rolled my eyes. "Why are you so snappy today? You're so moody." I mumbled the last part to myself and Slade shot me a glare, "Shut up. Lets just look around to see where we can eat."

"Why don't you want to eat there? Whats wrong with that place?" I asked curiously as we entered his car. "Just because." Was his vague answer. "Why the fuck would you even want to eat there anyway?" Slade grumbled.

I narrowed my eyes, "Are you trying to argue with me?"

"No, I'm trying to pick a fight with you." He said sarcastically and crossed his arms over his muscular chest.

"Oh really? Give me five minutes and we can settle the score."

"It's on sweetheart."

***

"Are you ready to get your butt kicked?" I shot at him as I flexed my fingers and Slade rolled his eyes before cracking his knuckles. "Winner gets to decide where to eat. Loser has to start saying vulgarities. Deal?" Slade smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Deal."

"Ready! Get set go!"

"One! Two! Three! Four! I declare a thumb war!"