Chapter 31: Present Time. The Truth.

-Shiloh’s POV-

Detective Welsh showed up at the hospital a couple days after we found it was Skylar. 

“Shiloh, it’s time you know the truth,” Detective Welsh said as I took a seat in a meeting room in the hospital. 

“What do you mean the truth?” I looked across the table at him. 

“14 years ago, we never found your sisters body in the lake behind your old house. We only told that to your parents so we could all just get on with our lives.” He looked me straight in the eyes.

“WHAT?!” I yelled. 

He tried to calm me. “But now, today, I know the truth as well. Your parents, your old friend Cassie and her mom all have something to do with this,” he paused a moment to take in my expression. “Cassie and her mom took Skylar from the swing set and your parents knew it was going to happen. There was cameras set up in your old house; Skylar would sit in your attic with Cassie and her mom and watch your parents beat you.” 

My eyes were filled with tears, I ran out of the room before Detective Welsh could finish talking and I ran straight into Harry. I’d told him everything as Detective Welsh walked past us and gave me an apologetic nod and a half smile then left. 

Harry led me back to Skylar’s room after I had calmed down. 

I sat in the chair I had been sitting in for the past couple days and held Skylars’ hand again. 

I never wanted to leave Skylar’s side again. 

____________________________

What do you think?! Only ONE PART LEFT!!!!