Chapter 19

"You look dead" Uncle Landon says once I walk into the room.

"You don't look to bad yourself" I reply back to him. The people who heard let out a laugh.

"Rough night?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. I nod my head as a yes, he mumbles an ok and tells me to take a seat. I sit down at the front desk and wait for everyone else to come in. They all say hello to me as they walk past. "So we will have another loser going our class" Uncle Landon says causing me to gasp.

"How dare you refer me to being a loser!" I accuse him.

"I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about your fellow classmates" Everybody else groans at what he says. "Like I said. Somebody is joining our class today and he isn't new he just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut"

"What's his name?" Jessie asks.

"Why, you want to date him?" We all start laughing at what uncle Landon said causing Jesse to go all red in the face.

"I'm a guy not a girl" He replies back.

"But you could be gay and his name is Christian McKnight" Oh God are you kidding me? That's the same hot guy which had a go at me in science. Suddenly, the door slammed open- speak of the devil. He comes into the room carrying a lot of power with him.

"I'm in this class" He tells uncle Landon with a glare.

"No shit Sherlock, take a seat anywhere you want" Uncle Landon replies back. Christian looks around the room when his eyes fall upon mine. He squints his eyes and gives me a dirty look which I happily return back making him roll his eyes. Christian walks past my desk bringing his scent along with it. Whatever perfume he has on, it's amazing! "Ok today we're going to start what we were supposed to on Monday. We're going to be reading Romeo and Juliet" Uncle Landon winks at me when he says Juliet.

"Maybe we should get Juliet to read Juliet's parts" Someone suggests. I let out a groan shaking my head as a no.

"Perfect" Uncle Landon tells the girl.

"Uncle Landon please" I plead with him.

"Hush up my child and read the lines when you are told too" He says sternly. I lean back on my chair and close my eyes in frustration. I hate reading out loud, I hate the sound of my voice. "New boy, you can read Romeo's lines" Uncle Landon informs him- are you kidding me?

"I don't want to read some gay boy" Christian says. I turn my head around to realise he's sitting on my right side just a seat behind. He looks across at me and bites down on his bottom lip in frustration.

"Who's the teacher in this class, me or you?" Uncle Landon asks him.

"If you're a teacher then maybe you should act like one" Everybody including me lets out a gasp.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I ask him.

"Julie this is my problem, not yours" He says from the front of the class. I keep my eyes on Christian as we have an eye contest.

"New boy, you can come and sit next to me at the front-right now" Uncle Landon tells him strictly. He looks over at uncle Landon and rolls his blue eyes.

"This is even shitter than my other class" He says out loud.

"Nobody gives a shit" Uncle Landon tells him. I turn around and focus myself back to the front of the class. Christian sits down on the seat which uncle Landon pulled out for him. The seat was directed right in front of me making it hard for me to look anywhere else. This is going to be a long lesson.

****************

"Move out of my way" He says from behind me. I turn around and block complete entrance to the door.

"Maybe if you said it a little nicer I would"

"Just piss off, who the hell do you think you are?"

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I say challenging him.

"Hey back off her" Uncle Landon tells him. Christian clenches his jaw and moves away from me. I turn around and exit the door. Straight ahead I see Jackson standing by the lockers, he looks at me and gives me a wave. I wave back and head over to him.

"Hey" I say. He suddenly looks really uncomfortable as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Hey" He replies back.

"What happened, you were smiling one minute ago?" I inform him.

"I was kind of waving at someone else" He says apologetically.

"Who?" I ask him. He points behind me, I turn my head around to see it's none other than Christian. I look back at Jackson with disbelief written all over my face. "Him? Him out of all people. are you friends or something?" I ask him.

"We're friends, why?" I let out a sigh.

"I cannot believe you are friends with someone like him, do you know how rude he's been to me?"

"What the hell is she doing here, she your girl or something?" Christian says moving next to Jackson.

"You're disgusting" I inform him. Christian is about to say something when Jackson tells him not to say anything. "Let him say what he wants to Jackson. You should know how people like him talk to your sister" I say to Jackson but keep my eyes on him. His eyes widen a little.

"This annoying little thing is your sister?" He asks Jackson.

"Ch-"

"Annoying? Little? I am most definitely not annoying and I'm not even that little!"

"Whatever" He says to me.

"Jackson, you need to sort him out. He is very disrespectful and he was being very rude to uncle Landon in class today" Suddenly, Christian starts laughing. He's got his hand on his stomach and his back leaned against the lockers.

"Even the way you speak is annoying"

"Control him" I threaten Jackson.

"Juliet!" I hear someone call out to me. I look in the direction to see that it's Leo.

"Hey, let's go" I tell him. I'm about to leave when Jackson grabs hold of my arm.

"I thought I told you about hanging out with guys" He says sternly.

"Jackson please don't. You should see your choice of friends before you comment on mine" Taking his hand of my arm I walk away.

******************

"Dad honestly, what is going on?" I ask him. Tonight, the same thing happened with Jade. She wouldn't stop screaming and again the side of her neck was bleeding. Dad rubs his forehead and shakes his head.

"I wish I knew but I don't. Jade goes she saw someone by the windows, maybe someone broke in and she got scared" Dad tells me.

"No dad it's something else. I feel like granddad is hiding something from us, maybe that man that I met had a point. He told me that the house isn't what it seems"

"Don't be ridiculous Juliet" Dad says.

"Dad I'm serious"

"Go to sleep Juliet"

"Fine" I need to find that man, he will know w