Chapter 28

I walked downstairs and into the dining room for my last meal here.

Only a few girls were here at the moment.

Slowly they began to walk in, wearing extravagant gowns of all colours.

Red, orange, blue, violet, green and many shades of gold and silver I had never seen before.

Their hairs down in brilliant updo's and elegant jewelry hung from their necks and ears.

Faces clad with heavy makeup. Mascara clotted their eyelashes, eyeshadow splashed over their eyelids and eyeliner swept across their eyelids. 

Lipstick of all colours covered their lips and blush fell upon their cheeks.

I noticed the way the hid their anxiety behind fake smiles and forced giggles.

"Welcome, this may be one of your last day!" A voice said echoing through the room.

The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Shall we get on with the results?" 

Luciano entered the room slowly with confidence and power radiating off of him. 

"Thank you for participating, now the results." He said.

"The ones who will be leaving are,"

People were on the edge of their seats waiting for the results.

"Lady Samantha of Gardin, and Lady Patsy of Pace. Thank you for your time and you may leave to pack your bags." He said before nodding to the door.

Samantha had tiny glistening tears falling down her cheeks but at least she left with her head held high as she smiled at us once last time before exiting the room.

While Patsy cried rather loudly, she ran out the room crying and her curled strawberry blonde hair messed up from running.

"Now all of you still here are the Last 12, thank you for participating and good luck in the future." Was all he said before walking out the door.

I thought I was leaving. But how come I was still here?

Is it possible that when he said he liked me he was telling the truth?

And if he did what did I think of it?

End of Book 1