Chapter 21

My maids bustled me out of bed early in the morning for some lesson we were supposed to learn today.

I doubted it was going to be good because they dressed me in a fancy silver dress and black flats and a silver necklace with an aquamarine gem in the middle.

I thanked my maids before dismissing them after they helped finish my hair and makeup.

I walked down the stairs and grumbled in my head. Why couldn't it be a self defence lesson?

I was excellent at those not to mention an excellent archer and knife thrower but no one has to know. I was also very good with guns after my friend threw a paintball party.

We were to meet in The Selected room and learn about the kingdom and what we can do to help it.

I brought a notebook and pencil and walked inside.

I noticed I was the first one there, probably because everyone wanted to make a dramatic appearance.

Vivienne was in the room setting up and nodded in approval when she noticed me finding a seat in the room.

The topic on the board was to list some ideas that would help the kingdom. 

When finally all the girls arrived, Vivienne had started speaking.

"Garadium is a proud and strong country but like any other country we want improvement to make other people's lives better. Our future queen which will be one of you, will need to have plans for the future so I want everyone to list some ideas to help the kingdom." 

I knew instantly what would help our country, medicine. 

Remedies for sickness that have taken many lives of others. I had learn about medicine and I know what formulas help people and which kill.

We need more scientists in the world because what's the point of leading a country if half of us are sick?

One by one girls listed some ideas on the board and gave a quick speech.

Stella had an idea to make houses to the poor and Aurora wanted to trade with more countries for food and resources.

I wrote my idea on the board and gave my speech with confidence.

Although others may doubt my idea, I believed it was a good one and all that mattered was if the King and Queen thought it was good.

By the time classes ended, I was walking into the hallway with calmness. 

I was pretty sure the class went well and I hoped others thought so too.

Aurora was walking happily in the hallways with her head held high, I was still sad Luciano wouldn't pick her as Queen but who knows maybe he'll change his mind.

I laughed to myself imagining Luciano marrying a dog or horse from the Palace, ah wouldn't that be funny.

The wedding ceremony would be the best comedy show ever made.

I ran my fingers through my wig's hair locks and it felt smoother than normal. My maids were miracle workers.

I noticed some giggling behind me, Luciano was having a date with one of the Selected. I think her name was Sonya and she had stunning auburn hair and chocolate brown eyes.

She was wearing a honey orange mermaid dress and silver strappy heels. She had topaz earrings and a large necklace with jewelled three flowers hanging in the middle.

They seemed to be having fun, so this must be Luciano's secret girl.

I smiled to myself and turned away when I saw them leaning in for a kiss. I should respect their privacy  I thought laughing to myself.

But they should really find a more remote area, in the hallway was not the best idea. Kids these days and PDA.

I opened the gates to the garden, I went to a empty bench hidden behind a tree and sat there reading my book.

"Boo." Some said behind me.

I turned around looking confused and saw Aurora behind me with a grin on her face.

"Aw, you didn't scream." She said sadly.

"Who you trying to scare." I said menacingly as I could without laughing.

"Cassandra, be honest do you think Luciano likes me?" Her eyes looked desperate and hopeful.

I couldn't destroy her dreams but I think Luciano might like her.

"Absolutely why else does he take you on dates?" 

Aurora sighed in relief before plopping on the bench beside me.

"I'm guessing you saw them kissing too?" Aurora said sadly.

"Yes, they should be more private." I said mad that Luciano had to kiss somewhere where Aurora could see.

"Do you think they are in love?" Aurora asked soundin like she might burst into tears soon.

"No, love doesn't exist." I said in a matter of fact tone.

Aurora just laughed at me before getting up and brushing the skirt of her dress.

"Bye Cassandra and thanks." She waved before turning her heel and leaving.

"Anytime Aurora, bye." I said before thinking about the life ahead of me when I finally am able to leave this place.