Chapter 17

Another girl was sent home today, I believe her name was Emily Tops well she was in a fit of rage when she asked to leave.

She spat rather hateful words at everyone at me worst of all.

"You're uglier than me you have no beauty whatsoever or any emotions for life's sake! How could you be still here while I'm being kicked out? You don't deserve to be here. You. Ugly. Stinking. Fat. Cow." She seethed.

What's with people and cows? They're not that bad of an animal. 

I just looked at her with my famous neutral expression and looked away. These comments never brought tears to my eyes, they just made my walls stronger and my theories.

She swiftly walked out the door to pack her things which most likely consisted of makeup, jewelry and clothes. These girls don't seem to have hobbies in life.

I walked out the door of the Selected Group Room and realization hit me. We were down to 15 girls now. Tonight was also the night of Garadium News.

My maids dressed me into a dark purple and black dress that was tight around the waist but was flowy at the skirt. It went to my feet and my hair ( wig) was done in a loose bun pinned by pins with tiny pearls in the center.

I asked "Why are you dressing me up fancier now? It's just a report and it's at night too."

"It's the Prince's birthday." Summer winked "Go wish him something." 

I'll just pick up sushi for him or something.

"Oh, okay then...." I said not knowing what to say next.

Today was July 4 and was apparently Luciano's birthday. What more surprises next?

"Now go!" Rose said as she pushed me out the door and while handing me a box of sushi. She read my mind.

"Don't over work yourselves, feel free to take a break." I called before the door slammed shut.

Luciano was walking by and said "Kicked out of your own room?"

"Yeah, those girls." I laughed to myself shaking my head. " Oh by the way Happy Birthday! Here's sushi, Sushi Boy!" 

"How did you know?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

"I'm psychic duh." I said with a grin.

He laughed at my comment.

"Well since I'm the birthday boy who is turning 18, let's go to the library." 

"Are you sure you know your way to there?" I teased.

"Of course! Who do you think I am." He said faking hurt.

I laughed and we headed down to the library.

The best part of the wig was the part that no matter how much pins were stabbed into it , I didn't feel a thing.

Luciano surprisingly has a sense of humor. Although he still has a sort of cold personality, he can smile and laugh like anybody.

"So my family is hosting birthday ball tonight and don't tell anybody else though. I'm only telling you  bevause you surprisingly actually know when my birthday is. Speaking of which when is your birthday?" He asked curiously.

A birthday ball ugh maybe that's why my maids are so busy working in my room they're probably making a dress and Garadium News is going to film the ball. Although I hate dresses as heels I quite like balls because of the dancing but I hate parties.

"Birthday well it's in November but I'm not telling you the date." I said sticking out my tongue.

I had gotten used to the feeling of my wig and contacts on my face but I had no improvement whatsoever to my plan. But my theories were leaning to more to the correct side. Maybe the ball will officially prove me right.

He crossed his arms and gave me a cold look before saying "Fine" before a smile slowly went on his face. "I enjoy mysteries."

Finally I pushed the doors open to the library and ran inside hoping to find a good book and completely ignoring his last comment.

"Ah books." I sighed happily. Scanning over the shelves hoping to find the perfect one.

Luciano just watched me from afar with his arms crossed.

It looked like he was analyzing me from a distance like I was some new creature that was yet to be discovered.

"What?" I said turning back.

"Nothing." He said shaking his head.

I frowned then looked away. I stared at the time. 

"When is your birthday ball?" I nervously.

"At 7 o clock, why?" He said confused.

"Shoot" I muttered, then I said loudly "It's 6:15.." 

We exchanged looks of horror then bolted back to each of our rooms. By now everyone should have heard of the announcement of the ball and was probably getting dolled up.

By the time I got back to my room, my maids were looking at me furiously. 

"Where were you?" Summer demanded. 

"Oh never mind." Rose said rushing me to the bath "We have to get her looking glamorous in a 38 mins so let's hurry up and ask questions later."

They scrubbed me down completely in a matter of 3 mins and they were rushing to get me dressed.

They handed me an aquamarine blue dress that had jewels on the chest. It went down to my feet and was quite a flowy dress. They had handed me silver strappy heels and thankfully I knew how to dance and walk in heels or else I would have fallen flat on my face.

 My wig's hair was let down and some strands of my wig's hair from the left side and right side just above the ear were put into braids that were pinned together at the back of my head by a silver butterfly barrette. Some of my real hair's side bangs that go was beginning to pop out at the front this forcing me to shove in back under my wig. 

I hope my wig doesn't fall off tonight. On my way out I noticed a bouquet of blue hibiscuses on my desk. 

"It's from us, Cassandra." Hope softly said "we were hoping to put some in your hair tomorrow and to show you how nice you'be been to us." 

"It's no big deal" I said "that's what friends do, thank you for the flowers though, they're one of my favourite kinds." I grinned.

With that said we hugged and I was escorted out the door by my maids.

"Have fun." They whispered in my ear.

I hope I will.

As I walked to the ballroom, I noticed Aurora in a stunning strapless light yellow dress that had a sweetheart neckline and the chest was covered with a gold shimmery fabric.

"You look breath-taking." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, you do too." She said before walking down the stairs hoping to find Luciano.

This is going to be one interesting night.

 Goodbye to the beloved people who are reading this for a week. A short vacation, I promise to update on July 13th! Sorry I left you on a cliffhanger! I promise it will come shortly! Do any of you want a story on the Prince's POV? Post it in the comments! See ya guys in a week :)!