Tuesday, August 29

So, this story is going through a very long and probably tedious editing. It has to happen. I free wrote this and you can tell because there's a thousand mistakes. The storyline won't be changing but I'm cleaning it up. If you want to follow along with the edited versions I will be changing the chapter titles to dates. So as I finish editing each chapter the chapter name will change, easiest way to follow along. ENJOY -DBR

MACI POV
"Hey honey."  My mom said as she poked her head in my door.  "We need to leave for the doctor's in about an hour."

I mumbled something incoherent before rolling out of bed.  My long brunette hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail that now hung off the side of my head.  I rubbed my eyes, groaning as I stood and made my way to the shower.  I stepped into the hot water that was already steaming up the mirror.  The water rushed over my skin instantly waking me up.  I stood there allowing myself to relax as the hot water pelted my body.  I slipped out a few minutes later, wrapping a towel around myself and squeezed out my soaking hair.  I had extremely thick hair, that fell into loose curls when left to dry on it's own.  I slipped into a pair of jeggings and pulled a red and black plaid shirt on.  I put mascara on, and called it good.  After satisfied with my appearance I grabbed my purse and went down to the kitchen. 

"Morning sis." My brother Levi mumbled as he shoved a bagel in his mouth.  "How you feeling?"

I sat down on the stool next to him taking my own bagel and biting into it. "I'm okay."

"Levi are you coming with us today?" My mom asked as she cleaned up his mess.

He nodded, placing his hand on my shoulder and squeezing slightly.  "Yup."

Levi and I weren't your normal brother and sister, we were twins, and we were best friends.  He had always been there for me through everything, I could tell him anything, and he always knew how to brighten my day.  I loved my brother more than anyone else and I was so thankful he was mine. 

"Once you finish Macin we need to go okay?" My mom pressed gently, before disappearing out of sight. 

I chewed the last bit of my bagel, cleaning up my mess before finding a pair of shoes.  I pulled on a pair of beat up gray Converses, before heading out to the car. 

A moment later, my mom, Levi and I were on our way to my new doctor.  We had recently moved practically across the country for my dad's new promotion.  Unfortunately moving came with a new house, a new school, new friends, and new doctors.  I sat in the backseat staring out the window into the blazing Michigan sun.  So far Michigan hadn't been so bad weather wise.  The summer was hot and humid with the occasional storm, a slight resemblance to Florida.  The economy on the other hand was nonexistence, which surprised us all when we found out that was where my dad's promotion was taking him.  We moved a month after our sophomore year, leaving behind all of our friends.  Levi and I were yet to make new friends, our neighbor was a year younger but we hadn't really made an effort at the first meet and greet.  Other then that we just did stuff together, seems how there was no one else around. 

I sighed my thoughts drifting to my appointment.  I wasn't looking forward to it, it always made me so anxious.  I was terrified of what results the doctors would come back with.  You would think after dealing with doctors since I was eight I would be comfortable with it but the truth is you don't ever get comfortable, you just get use to it. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay Maci." Levi whispered as he pulled me into his chest. 

I didn't respond, instead I just snuggled deeper into my brother's strong chest.  He was my rock, without him I don't know how I would have made it.