Chapter 25

Jessica's POV

I knew that Colby wanted to ask GraceLynn the most important question; but after Grace said that Jon was acting strange like Colby, my eyes started to pick up what she was saying. My thoughts are spinning on what Jon could possibly be thinking; however, I cannot piece this amazing yet strange man together or his mind set. Colby then hands him the keys; and my inner excitement is getting hard to obtain because I know what is going to happen next for GraceLynn; and honestly, I am happy for her because she deserves another chance at finding someone special. Within her heart, there will always be a spot for Luke; but I believe that it is time that she let the past go so that she can heal and live the life that she is meant to live. By the time that I am out of my thoughts, Jon is standing behind my chair to help me up which he does and we head for the car. "So what are we doing..." I got the chance to finish my question because his hand placed a blindfold over my eyes; and he whispered into my ear, "Shhhh... it's a surprise, darling. So just sit in the car seat, and be beautiful as usual." My heart begins to race as does my mind with ideas of what could possibly be happening. 'Remain calm, Jessica. Remain calm!' I kept repeating this to myself and it is helping me somewhat. My hopes of this car ride ending soon are growing with every mile that we go. However, my nervous are put at some ease when we seem to have parked. The door is opened; and he gently takes my hands in his. "Jon, where are we and what are you up too?"

"My dear, it's called a surprise for a reason. Stop worrying your pretty little head and relax."

"Bossing aren't we?" I say with a giggle.

"Nope", he replied specifically popping the 'p', "I am just telling my woman how it is."

"You are so lucky that I'm blindfolded because you would be dead if I could see."

"So I see says the blind woman..." he laughs.

"When I get this off of me, Jon, you are going to be a part of history." He just laughs at my statement and I sense that something is about to happen.

Jon's POV

Jessica is really funny and also terrible when it comes to surprises. Yet, I love the little woman with all my heart and cannot wait to see her face when I ask her the most important question ever. Once I know that everything is in place, I run over to where Jessica is; and my hands remove the blindfold before picking her up. "Oh thank.... Jonathan Good, what are you doing?!"

"Surprise!" I yell and she turns toward what my eyes were seeing. Jessica hugs me tightly; and whispers, "Thank you so much. It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." She quickly buries her face within my shoulder to attempt to hide her blushing which is cute. I set Jessica upon her feet; and lead her over to the blanket. I sit down and she squeaks when my hands pull her tiny frame into my lap. "So..." I say.

"What do you need to tell me, Jonathan Good?"

"What do you mean?

"You have something to say so there is no need to play dumb with me."

"Well, Jessica Amber, you have been the ray of light in my dark life; and I would be even happier if you agreed to be my wife." Her hands were covering her mouth while mine were sweating from nervousness. I was becoming more worried because she was speechless and I don't know for sure why. However, my mind is suddenly put at ease when she nods her head. "Is that a yes?" I ask.

"Yes, Jonathan Good, I would be honored to be your wife!" I jump up with Jessica in my arms and spin us around. She laughs and it is infectious because I am as well. Then she asks, "How do you think Colby is doing?"

"Honestly, I think that he'll be alright."

"It is GraceLynn that I am worried about. She is so hard on herself and I wish that she just stop punishing herself for what happened."

"Jessica, she will. We all just have to give her time; but Grace will come around because she is a fighter. One's demons are not something that can be easily washed away; but I like I say, she defeat them."

"I know. It is just painful to watch her suffer especially when I feel helpless."

"You are doing everything that you can and I am sure that she appreciates that. Plus I want her to be happy as well and I believe that she will in due time."

"Thank you, Jon."

"No problem, babe."

Colby's POV

GraceLynn looks at me with that same suspension that she did on our very first "date"; and I know that she is catching on to my something. As I pull out her chair I say, "would you go for a walk with me?"

"I would love to go for a walk with you, Colby. Bye Jessica and Jon." She replied. I then place my hand in hers as I guide her towards the park. "So, Mr. Lopez, what kind of surprise should be I in store for?"

"What are you talking about, Grace?"

"Don't act like you don't know." She is quick; however, I cannot let her talk me into saying anything.  We continue to go hand in hand through the forest. "I remember when I was younger that I would go to the park with my notebook."

"Why take a notebook?" I asked.

"I hated being at the house especially when my brothers were home because they hated me. I would grab my writing notebook and stretch book so that I could write stories or draw pictures. Plus, the park was beautiful; and gave me some sense of peace."

"I am sorry that you couldn't be at home much, GraceLynn. I am just confused on why they hated you."

"My brothers or I should say half-brothers hated me because I was my parents favorite as well as I did well in almost everything. However, lets not dwell on those negative things."

"I agree, darling." She then looks into my chocolate brown eyes and I her precious blues. "Hey, Grace..." I said.

"Yes, Colby." My voice suddenly got caught in my throat and I couldn't speak. 'Come on. Come on, voice. Don't leave me hanging!'  "Are you alright Colby?" she questioned me with worry shining from her eyes. 

"Yeah uh, i have to tell you something or I should more say that it is asking you." I replied nervously.

"Well spit it out." Grace playfully said. 

"Okay.. Uh.. I like you a lot and... uh... Will you be my--"  I am cut off by GraceLynn clinging onto me kissing my lips in sync. She pulled away and smiled. "Yes."

"Well that was easier than I thought!" I exclaimed and Grace hugged me as a smile snaked across my face. "GraceLynn Lopez", she whispered.

"I like the sound of it; but I would like to court you first if you do not mind."

"Colby, I don't mind at all. I actually think that it's sweet!" I put my arm around her middle as we continue walking.

A/N: Well, children, they are engaged! However, what will happen when Summer's plan kicks in?!