Chapter 11

The Next Morning

GraceLynn's POV

I had an amazing night's sleep and my nose smells something wonderful. As my feet guide me out of my bedroom, my ears pick up voices in my kitchen. "Good Morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, my two toned Ninja! How are you?"

"I am alright and thanks for asking. I see that you slept well." I nod my head and hug Jessica. "Hi Jessica! Whatever you are making, it smells delicious!"

"Thank you sister for the compliment. I made your favorite so sit and eat."

"Yes madam!" I don't complain against mother Jess and as I go sit, my ears hear Colby whine. "Oh, you stop being such a baby brat!" Jessica commanded him. 

"What? I just was wondering where my hug was."

"Maybe she doesn't want your gems or even better Grace loves me more! Whatever the case, you need to be quiet or I'll shoot you!" Jess yells. Oh Lord! These two are going to drive me crazy or worse, kill each other. Neither end is good. The children continue on until I finally get up; and open my mouth. "Will you two shut up and eat?" Their eyes land on me with shock written on their faces. "Colby, I wuves you so don't make a fuss", I say as I place myself on his lap and hug him, "and you, Miss, be nice to him!"

"I will be nice to your boy; but if he EVER crosses any boundaries into dangerous territory and you know what I mean then he is DEAD!"

"Jessica, I would not hurt GraceLynn so please just trust me and know that I really like her. I think that I may l-lo-love her." Wow! Did he actually declare that he may love me?  "What did you say?" Jessica asked him. Apparently, she is as shocked as I am; and he really does repeat that last statement. Colby even has the guts to ask for Jessica's permission to take me on a date. "Yes, you may date my sister; however, no funny business; and respect her or there will be hell to pay." Jessica says with such motherly authority.

"Yes madam! Thank you, Jessica; and you won't regret it!" he replies like a happy kid on Christmas morning.

"You, Mr. Lopez better not make me wish that I hadn't." Jessica answers sternly as she points her index finger at him.

"I won't. So GraceLynn, you need to be ready by seven tonight!" Colby yelled to me as he rushed out the door. I shook my head and said, "Oh my goodness! He actually asked your permission and then like a kid on Christmas shouted for joy!" Jessica and I burst out in a fit of laughter at Colby Lopez's reaction. "Well, my sister, you have to get ready for work and then you have a date so go get ready, young lady!"

"Yes, momma Jessica!" I say in a mocking voice. Smack.  "What was that for?!"

"Well", replied Jessica, "you should not talk to your mother that way." We both laugh and I run to my room to dress. Once I have something causal but comfortable, Jessica and I head to the arena.

About half an hour later... At the Arena...

Jessica's POV

GraceLynn has been showing me around this place and explaining her job as well as answering my questions. Along the touring, people were pointing and staring at me like I committed the unpardonable sin.  "Jessica... Jessica Deschump!" I shake my head and say, "Oh, sorry GraceLynn, I was lost in my thoughts."

"What were you thinking about?"

"I was just wondering why people are pointing at me and whispering."

"Girly, you beat Summer Rae to a pulpit with your awesome skills. Did you expect it to go unnoticed especially when you did your thing on live television?" Grace does have a point. I mean that I did run out and beat the nightmares into Summer; however, she deserved what she got. You don't mess with family. "I know. I just got so angry that she would try to hurt you and I don't take kindly to people hurting my family." I growl.