Chapter 22

Jessica's POV

I love my boyfriend, Dean and my wonderful sister, GraceLynn; however those two are such stubborn block heads. After hours of convincing my boyfriend as well as my sister, they have agreed that we would go on a double date.  Colby, Grace, Dean, and myself would get the opportunity to grow closer. Also my excitement is beyond the roof because after five months of getting to know one another, Colby wants to start courting Grace with the intent of marrying her. I am attempting to keep my mouth shut; but it is hard when I am spending most of the day with her. "Jessica", Grace says sternly, "are you paying attention?"

"Oh... I'm sorry. Something just has me distracted."

"That distraction wouldn't be tonight's date, would it?" she asked me.

"Hmm... Well, it is somewhat. There is something else; but I am sworn to be silent."

"I hate to say this; but you aren't doing a good job at that because you just gave me a hint."

"What?! Girl, I gave you no hint to anything." I replied in worry.

"Okay, maybe I don't know and you didn't say... If that floats your boat."

"Indeedy, it does." I reply with a smile upon my face. Afterwards, I make myself stay focused because I don't need her catching on to tonight as well as two men will have my head if she finds out.

Grace's POV

For some reason, Jessica's mind is everywhere but here. What has me confused even more is when she said, '"Hmm... Well, it is somewhat. There is something else; but I am sworn to be silent."'  I am really curious because something is going to go down and I have no bloody clue what. Hopefully, whatever happens on this date that it's good. I decide to pull myself out of my thoughts because knowing me if I remain this place that I will drive myself mad. "So Jessica, do you know where we are going?"

"Yes, we are just going to Las Margaritas so dress casual."

"Alright... What do you think that I should wear?" I ask my sister. She walked over to my closest and pulled a beautiful lavender sundress. "Wear this for tonight. You'll look amazing." she replied.

"Thank you!" Once our outfits were chosen, we worked on each others' makeup before doing our hair. While I curl Jessica's hair, she asked, "What do you think that the boys are doing?"

"I have no clue. I am just hoping that they don't kill each other while at dinner or before then."

"GraceLynn", Jessica address, "Those two will be fine; and besides, if they cause any trouble then Dean and Colby had us to answer too. Plus, Colby should be worrying about your father; and not Dean."

"Oh good Lord! Let's not think about my father and Colby in the same sentence."

"Why, Grace?"

"Lets just say that my father played investigation with Colby the last time those two were in the same room. I pray that my dad and Colby get along."

"I am sure that as along as Colby does not hurt you then everything is great. Now what do you think those two are doing?"

"Jessica?!"

"What, no thank you?"

"Thank you for the encourage! However, why are you so interested in what they're doing?"

"I just am."

"Girl, save that kind of mind for when you're alone with that pup." We just laugh as a knock comes to my apartment door.

A/N: Sorry about the long wait for an update; but my mind needed some time away from writing. However, I am back; but the update may not be as fast seeing that I am trying to accomplish summer school. I know some may wonder why I am doing summer school if I am over 18; and this would be because of my struggling with high school as well as one school messed up my transcript big time which caused problems. If you think that I'm stupid then go ahead and think that because I don't care. I know that in the end (hahaha... XD I am now thinking of BVB's song), I am not dumb. Yeah, I am not as smart as Einstein; but I have a brain that functions wonderfully. My struggles have made me stronger along with teach me about who I am and what I can do.... Now, sorry for the rant; but I become beyond livid when people treat or look at me like I'm stupid.