S-class Exam Part 13: Attack on Tenroujima Part 5: A Grim-oire Death

❂Natsu❂ 

Shoot!

I can't dodge in time!

And I can't eat the black flames either!

Now what?!?

"Fire Dragon's Roar!"

Thankfully, I attack just in time, and the two flames hit each other, before exploding.

I jump away, and chant, "Fire Dragon's Claw!!"

Zitcow or something, smirks and says, "It's useless. You're weaker than me, and your flames don't hurt me. Just give up."

With that, I stand up straighter and clench my fists.

"I'll never give up. Even if I'm dying, even if I'm about to get killed, I won't give up. I have a family waiting for me, people believing in me, people supporting me. If I give up here, how could I face them? I will protect my family and friends. I will defeat anyone who tries to harm them. I will not give up!"

My voice rose in volume and sounded deeper by every word.

He hesitates for a moment, his eyes slightly widening, caught off guard by my sudden outburst.

I took that to my advantage and attacked.

As soon as I try to attack, Zitcow snaps out of it, and he smirks again.

God I want to punch that smirk of his stupid Zit face.

He i-

Before I can finish my thoughts, he smirks and chants in a slow, controlled voice, "Flame God's Supper."

And with that, a giant mouth-shaped flame attack was sent at me, and I couldn't do anything.

Crap...

♆Mirajane♆

This isn't good.

The exam will have to be put on hold for now.

Our guild members are in danger.

If all of the dark guild members are as strong as the one who defeated both Evergreen and Elfman, then we are in trouble!

"Erza!" I called in a panicked voice.

"Yeah?"

"Signal the flare! We're under attack!"

She nods, a serious look on her face.

She sets off the flare, alerting the members on the island that there's an enemy and to put the exam on hold.

Everyone around us at the base looks up.

"What's going on?"

"We're under attack?"

"Oh no! Help!"

"Who's attacking us?!?"

"Who's the enemy?"

Multiple voices spoke at once, panicking.

"Calm down everyone! We need to be prepared. Yes, we are under attack, but we need to be calm and send as many people as we can to help the other guild members who might already be in an unexpected battle!"

"Hai!" they said in unison.

"Me, Juvia, Sting, Lector, Gildarts, and Jellal will go out and help the other members! The rest of you stay and tend to the injured, and protect them if an enemy should appear!" Erza commands.