S-class Exam Part 10: Attack on Tenroujima Part 2: Who are they?!?

*Wendy*

I looked down and saw that the blade had disappeared.

Tears sprung to my eyes as the unbearable pain continued.

"Isn't it amazing?" Meredy grinned in a not-so-friendly way. "I can make you feel like you guts are being cut apart without actually even slicing open your skin!! These blades irritate your nerves and directly strike your sense of pain."

I whimpered.

I need to be stronger.

Carla would tell me to stand up and face my fears, to be stronger than the pain.

I stood up slowly.

I faced Meredy with a face of determination.

She saw this and asked "Why don't you give up now? You're in so much pain already, I can see it in your eyes. Why do you have to go to such lengths for some guy? What does he even mean to you? Just tell me where he is!"

"I can't do that. I'm sorry. Gray is a precious friend and is part of my family. Everyone in Fairy Tail is my family. You told me before, about how much you care about Ultear, that you would be willing to go to such lengths for her. It's the same as that, as how you feel. Gray is like a brother to me."

Her eyes widen, and she pauses, considering what I've said.

I use this moment to my advantage.

"Sky Dragon's Secret Art: Shattering Light Sky Drill!!!"

My spell created a barrier blast towards her and crush her towards a tree.

I couldn't take the risk, so I cast another spell just in case.

"Sky Dragon's Wing Attack!!!"

When the dust settled down, she had collapsed.

It didn't seem like she couldn't fight and she wasn't unconscious, I guess she just lost the will to fight.

I collapsed as well and lay on the grass.

When a few minutes passed in silence, I heard sniffling.

I turned my head to see Meredy crying.

"I couldn't help her. I couldn't make Ultear happy. She saved my life and yet I couldn't do anything back for her. I might as well die. I would be better if I was gone. I could repay her with my life."

I was shocked! She wanted to kill herself!

'She must be exaggerating' I thought, but the she pulled out two of the yellow light swords.

"No!!" I couldn't bear to watch her, it was too sad.

I gathered all my strength and ran to her.

"You can't!!!"

I took the swords from her and hugged her.

She looked startled. 

"If you want to repay Ultear, then you should live your life to the fullest and be happy!! Show her that your life was worth saving!! I'm sure Ultear wouldn't have wanted you to die!"

She was too shocked to say anything, but then she burst into tears.

I healed her with the magic power I had left.

She looked up at me in surprise.

"But... why? I was so mean to you..."

I smiled, "You seem like a nice girl to me. You only wanted to help your friend. So make sure you don't kill yourself."