S-class Exam Part 9: Attack on Tenroujima Part 1: Troubles Continue!!!

*Wendy*

"Ne, Charla, who do you think is going to make it?" 

We were finished healing the injured people, and we were sitting on a ledge near the base camp, watching the waves of the ocean.

It felt calming, with the calls of the seagulls flying overhead, the rustling of the trees behind us, and the light splashes of the waves reaching shore.

Almost as if the land was just a peaceful vacation area, where everything was perfect. Almost like there's no battles going on right now.

"Hm, I'm not sure. Zeref is most likely to succeed, but you never know with Natsu's rashness and Gray's stubbornness. Anyone would be likely. That Rin girl is also pretty strong, she took us out with only a few spells!!" she scoffed at the end.

"Well, I guess we need more training then! Next year I'll do even better!!"

"Mm." Carla smiles. 

"Wendy!!" Mira calls me and waves me over.

"Ah, yes?? What is it?" I ask as I reach her side.

"Could you help me gather some mushrooms and other edible stuff that we could use for lunch?? I asked the other girls to go too, but the more the better!! It'll take a ton of food to feed these wolves of boys we have here." She giggles.

"Sure!! I'm sure I can find something!! Let's go Carla!!" I call, getting a little excited.

I love cooking, and finding plants are my specialties.

Carla walks over and we start walking towards the forest.

"Try to be back in about half an hour! Don't get lost in there!!" Mira calls over her shoulder.

"Hai!!" I smile, skipping along.

We walk along the path in the forests and gather as much edible plants, mushrooms, vegetables, and fruits as we can.

We put them all in a large basket than Mira gave us.

Suddenly, I smelled a weird scent.

It was faint, but I smelled it. It was sort of like the rotting smell of a fruit.

I followed the scent and ended up looking a a strange plant.

It had a large, spiking, dark green stem, dark green leaves shaped like teeth, and dark purple flowers that had red streaks in them; making then look like angry faces. Hanging on the stems of the flowers, were strange red fruit that looked almost exactly like tomatoes, but not. They were the cause of the smell.

If someone who wasn't a dragon slayer saw the fruit, they would probably eat it, because it looked so delicious and ripe.

"Ne, Carla, what is this plant? What are these fruits?" I asked.

"Hmm?" she came over and peered at the plant, suspicion in her eyes. "I don't know. Doesn't look familiar. Better not touch it if even you don't know what it is."

"Oh, ok."

She started to walk away, when her eyelids shut and she fell to the ground with a soft thump.

"Charla?!? What happened???" I ran over to her.

Suddenly, I smelled the scent of another presence.

It was a human, but no one from Fairy Tail's scent is like that.

This must have been a trap!!!

The fruit has to be one of those things that make you unconscious, and the smell makes you sleepy.