Chapter 20 'Pearls, Diamonds and Regrets'

Chapter 20  ‘Pearls, Diamonds and Regrets’

Evanna slammed the door behind her with all her force. She was breathing hard because of two reasons; one being her running and second being the nervousness she felt.

The room was dark and silent. The curtains were drawn. The only sound she could hear was of her breathing and fast heart beat.

Evanna felt her way to her side table where a candle was placed and ignited with a muggle match stick given to her by Hermione.

She let her hands go through her hair in desperation. She was sweating and still shaking as the after effects of the intense anger she had felt. She wanted to know what the others were doing and how much harm she had done!

She slowly and steadily walked towards the window where thick green colored curtains fell heavily, hiding the outside world away from her eyes. Just as she pulled back the curtain, the open window let in a swish of air which blew away the candle leaving the room in light of the moon.

She looked out of the window to the vast ground. Over the tent she could make out figures of her family. All were standing at the same place but not in the same positions.

Mrs. Weasley was leaning against Mr. Weasley who was patting her. Evanna could make out that her shoulders were moving up and down which proved that she was crying. A tear trickled down Evanna’s pale and cold check. Her heart beat rose faster and faster.

Some were standing and now and then making their hands go through their hair in desperation and some had fallen to their knees.

She had done a horrible horrible deed. Nothing made much sense to her. Why had she ever done that act? Used that horrifying spell? Couldn’t she control her anger, just for a while?

Evanna let her hand fall to her side, letting the curtain hide the scene in front of her and fell down on the hard wooden floor with a loud thud.

“What have I done?” she asked out loud to herself.

You have disappointed them. Let them down. And they had so much believe in you…” her conscious started.

She had this habit of talking to herself and her conscious always replied her back with the bitter truth.

“But I never meant to…”

You showed them your dark side. You proved her right and them wrong

“B-but I-I…” but she could no more continue because she couldn’t any more control herself.

She cried and mind you, cried out loud. Kicking and punching at the hard floor making her hands bleed a bit.

What’s the use in this, Evanna? You’re crying over spilt milk. You have done it. And how many times did I tell you to learn to control your anger…

“Shut up!!! Shut up!” Evanna cried like a mad man, clutching her hair in her hands, kicking the furniture.

She wished that life had some rewind, pause, forward, stop and play buttons. It would have been much easier but it didn’t have and would never have as well.

She had to do something to get her mind to stop thinking about it again. Despite her denial she did knew deep inside that whatever her conscious was saying, it was saying the truth; the bitter truth.

She ignited the candle again and looked around the room to mostly find colorful boxes which were her birthday gifts. They would have made her excited if the situation had been more normal. Everyone would be sitting right now in her room, opening the gifts and looking what’s inside if Bellatrix had not come.