Chapter 17 'More Gifts'

Chapter 17  'More Gifts'

Evanna set to work just as Fleur went to sleep. She quietly walked towards her writing desk, took out a clean parchment and ignited a candle.

Evanna had already packed Draco’s turtle dove in a nice silver packing with a diamond studded watch. All she had to do was write down her letter and send the letter plus the gifts to him.

Evanna didn’t write anything except a birthday wish because she didn’t want the person who would check to get any hint of her knowing anything because that would get Draco into trouble. She wrote;

Hi Draco,

                          Happy Birthday!

                                                           Your enemy always,

                                                                                                                 Evanna...

 She shook Snowbell’s cage gently which made Snowbell to take her head out from underneath her wing and to look at Evanna with great anger but Evanna’s looks made her agree on getting out of her cage.

Soon, Snowbell was out of Evanna’s sight and Evanna returned to her bed and was soon asleep.

*

  “It’s for you, Ev!” Bill said and threw the parcel towards Evanna.

Everyone was sitting on the dining table in the morning when an old weary looking brown owl came zooming in through the kitchen window. It landed straight into a cereal bowl and immediately started eating the cereal in which it had landed.

Evanna caught the parcel at the nick of time and started reading what was written on it with elegant writing.

To my sweet daughter, Evanna.

                Here is a birthday gift for you. I hope you like it.

                                                                From your loving mother,

                                                                      Narcissa Malfoy.

“What happened to her?” Ron, who had read it over her shoulder, inquired, bemused.

“I’ve no idea but I’m certainly not going to open it!” Evanna settled.

“Why? Who is it?” Mr. Weasley asked.

“It’s Narcissa!” Harry replied.

“Well, open it!” Charlie motivated.

“Ha! And reveal a cursed necklace,” Evanna remarked.

“I’m sure, it’s harmless,” Mrs. Weasley said.

 “And I’m sure, it’s not."

“Let’s check then,” Fred pointed his wand at the parcel, “Specialis Revelio.”

Nothing happened, the parcel was stationary. It was harmless.

“See,” Mrs. Weasley said and grabbed the parcel from Evanna’s hand who was constantly shaking her head in a ‘no’.

Mrs. Weasley unwrapped the parcel, revealing a diamond necklace which had a flowing and graceful look to it.

“Ah, ‘ow beautiful,” Fleur remarked.