Chapter 12 'Silver and Opals'

Chapter 12                        ‘Silver and Opals’

Dear Harry,

I would like to start our private lessons right after you come back from your Christmas holidays. Kindly come along to my office at 8 P.M on the second day of your return. I hope you and your friends are enjoying your first week back at school.

Yours sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore

P.S. I enjoy Acid Pops.

“He enjoys Acid Pops?” said Ron, who had read the message over Harry’s shoulder and was looking perplexed.

“It’s the password to get past the gargoyle outside his study,” said Hermione in a low voice.

They were sitting at the Gryffindor table in the morning when mail started coming. A small grey owl had landed in front of Harry who had a letter tied to it which had Harry’s name written on it.

“What do you reckon Dumbledore is going to teach Harry in these private classes?” Ron asked, returning to his food.

“I think some dark spells to use against you-know-who and his deatheaters,” Evanna said excitedly from Harry’s right.

“Well..... I don’t think ‘dark’ spells Evanna,” Hermione said uncertainly.

“I think spectacular jinxes and hexes,” Ron started, “the type the Death Eaters would not know.”

Hermione said, “Well.... I don’t think that as well. Such things are illegal, and I think that Dumbledore wants to teach Harry advanced Defensive magic.”

“Well, whatever he wants to teach. We all will come to know about it after Christmas,” Harry stated.

And they all continued with their breakfast.  

*

Hogsmeade weekend came on a very cold day. The walk to Hogsmeade was not enjoyable whatsoever.

They wrapped their wool scarves over their lower noses; the exposed parts soon felt both raw and numb. The road to the village was full of students bent double against the bitter wind. More than once Evanna wondered whether they might not have had a better time in the warm common room.

When they finally reached Hogsmeade and saw that Zonko’s Joke Shop had been boarded up; Evanna took it as confirmation that their trip was not destined to be fun.

Ron pointed, with a thickly gloved hand, towards Honeydukes, which was mercifully open but Harry gave his own opinion;

“No, let’s go to the Three Broomsticks,” he said, “It’ll be warmer there.”

The street was not very busy; nobody was lingering to chat, just hurrying towards their destinations.

They reached the Three Broomsticks which was very warm and Hermione went to take some drinks.

Evanna looked around to see Draco looking around himself observing everyone and then slipping out through the back door. Evanna tried to get up from her seat but her ego kept her down. Even though she had forgiven him for his rudeness but still if she went behind him then she would again be trying to make him trust her which she was sure that he won’t. She thought it better to live in denial than get confirmation.