Chapter 4 'Bombshells'

The 'running upstairs thing' that Evanna had done made her pains which had eased, to come back with even more intensity but she ignored them and just thought about what Draco was going through. All the feelings Draco had been feeling all summer came back to her mind. She had been ignoring all those feelings as she thought that he mostly took everything to his head too much. But this wasn't anything small; he was chosen, chosen to be a deatheater!

Evanna could clearly see by his feelings that he didn't want to be a deatheater. It wasn't his choice! He was scared and frustrated... he was being forced... her brother ... her beloved brother...

Evanna was so much into her own thoughts that it took her a little time to notice that someone was knocking at the door.

"Evanna, Open the door!" came Mrs. Weasley's anxious voice.

"Don't shut yourself in," she heard Harry saying.

"Come on, open it," Hermione was shrieking while beating the door with all her force.

"Ev, Open the door!" she heard her dad; Mr. Weasley speak.

The knocks weren't stopping and she felt like Ron was trying to break in as she heard his 'Ouches' a lot of time. But Evanna wanted to be alone, if anyone she wanted to be with at that time, it was Draco and no one else. Draco; who was in need of a friend and she could feel that both of them needed each other at that time.

Just as she was about to tell them all to go away, she heard Dumbledore talk in his always clam manner;

"It is best, if we leave her to herself for some time."

These words by Dumbledore were enough to make them all stop with their unsuccessful tries to reach Evanna and just after a few seconds she heard footsteps getting fainter and fainter as everyone went back downstairs and soon silence fell all around her.

Her thoughts instantaneously went back to Draco and warm tears started rolling down her cheeks like a never ending waterfall.

She was standing with her back pressed to the door like she was stopping a monstrous creature from entering her room but soon all her force went and her knees gave way and she fell hard on the wooden floor of her small room. Evanna made herself sit upright on the floor and hid her face in her sweating and shaking hands.

So many realizations had dawned upon her in just two days of the whole 365 days in the year.

The only thoughts which were skulking inside her mind where all about her brother, Draco who was distressed and she couldn't even be there, beside him, to comfort him.

Evanna kept on crying. She felt broken and scattered for her brother.

"It wasn't his choice to become a deatheater! He would never want to be something he never liked, something he disliked," she said to herself.

Evanna firmly believed that Draco would never choose something like that and clearly by his feelings, it was proved so.

She slowly and steadily got up from where she had been sitting for a long time which made her bum go numb and gradually dragged herself to her bed. Just as she reached her bed; she fell onto it and waited a little for her pains to ease.

Evanna wanted to know how he was feeling and what he was thinking. She was lying on her back with her eyes closed so she could concentrate as Snape had told that they could read each other's thoughts if they concentrated.

It took her a long time because she had never tried that before. It was also irritating her as she was a really impatient girl and had never tried concentrating or rather meditating for such a long time before in her fifteen years of life.