Chapter 40 'Misunderstandings'

Chapter 40 ‘Misunderstandings’

Two blue eyes came in view as Evanna opened her eyes after three weeks of concussion.

Her eyes blank as well as her mind but her heart beating furiously. All she could see was the pure white ceiling of a room in St. Mungo’s Hospital where she lazed.

With great effort Evanna turned her head to her right and found intricate instruments emitting colourful smoke from one pipe to another. To her left was a couch where Mrs Weasley was fast asleep.

The room was dark. Only light coming was from a small gas-lit lamp at a far corner of the room. It was the only visible source of light.

With every second passing, Evanna’s heart beat increased and thoughts of that night started making their way to her conscious. Tears started rolling steadily and gracefully into her jet black hair.

“Draco,” she breathed.

Evanna’s hands rose so that they came in her view. Her right index finger still had Narcissa’s ring and her left one had the siblings’ ring. A simple round band with ‘Forever by your side, Draco’ engraved on it in a sophisticated manner.

Evanna kept on looking at her pale hands for what seemed like forever when suddenly Mrs Weasley woke up. She gave a loud gasp as her eyes laid on Evanna who was wide awake.

“Evanna!” Mrs Weasley said loudly and happily

Till then all the memories had returned and Evanna’s nerves couldn’t take it anymore. Continuous ear-splitting screams started escaping her open jaws. She started thrashing her arms in all directions; hitting the instruments which came to the ground with a loud bang and broke causing broken glass to be spread all over the floor. Soon Evanna’s knuckles had started to bleed and her voice coarse but she didn’t stop.

Mrs Weasley after a few seconds of frozen terror rushed out to call the Healers leaving a hysterical Evanna thrashing about and causing chaos. Her screams could be heard clearly in the corridors so it didn’t take long for Healers to come in rushing...

*

Behind those closed doors what went on; no one knew. And no one bothered to make predictions because they were scared… scared for her which made their minds to stop working properly.

Guilt. One word but if we look into it as a feeling; nothing seems more terrible than this single word. And this feeling was what engulfed them all; Harry, Hermione, Ron, Mr and Mrs Weasley and the list goes on.

Everyone had their reasons for feeling it and the only hope for making this guilt go away, to make things right was to get back Evanna. To make her feel better… to make her live once more.

Mrs Weasley sobbed into her husband’s chest while the others tightly and desperately pressed their hands against their ears as Evanna’s last scream echoed though the corridor where they awaited.

After what seemed like hours of waiting; the doors opened and the Healers stepped out. A few passed by discussing something rapidly in hushed voices while one stopped to tell what had happened.

“How is she?” Fred was the first to speak; his voice impatient.

“She is asleep now. We have casted a number of relaxant spells on her,” the Healer started, his voice soft and polite yet careful, “She was not calming down.”

“Please, tell us. How is she? Is she any better? When is she going to wake up?” Charlie bombarded his questions.

“Please. I beg you, tell us the truth. Don’t keep us in the dark,” Mrs Weasley pleaded as tears rolled down her cheeks.