Chapter 27 'Revealed'

Chapter 27 ‘Revealed’

A blinding light welcomed Evanna as she stepped into the Room of Requirement and both her hands flew to her eyes. She got rid of the invisibility cloak and placed it aside.

The door closed behind her on its own accord and the light eased out like it was there to stop people from entering inside but when they did; it would go away leaving behind a dim light enough to find your way through the room.

Evanna thoroughly looked at the marauders map to check for Draco. She finally found him in the Slytherin dungeons.

The room was empty with a dead silence except the sound of Evanna’s steps which echoed through the place. She moved around the room. It was filled with junk and useless things covered with thick layers of dust. But surprisingly the dust didn’t make Evanna sneeze like it always did. She felt a weird feeling of being at home there. Everything seemed familiar but she was sure deep inside she hadn’t seen any of them before.

“What can Draco do here?” she wondered aloud.

Soon, Evanna got bored with looking at odds and ends and hid herself behind a huge pile of one and drifted into sleep as the dust engulfed her.

*

A sound of footsteps, hurried footsteps woke Evanna. And there he was; Draco, pushing the already closing door.

He must have left Filtch behind,” Evanna thought.

Draco stopped suddenly, like listening for a sound and Evanna stiffened so that he wouldn’t realize her presence.

“Alone at last!” he said, making his hand go through his blond hair.

Evanna held her breath, her heart beating face and her brain racing through all the possibilities that he could be doing in this junk.

She watched silently behind the pile of junk through only one eye.

Plan A being carried out: Observe for information,” she thought, “I hope I never have to carry out plan B.”

But even after ten minutes all Draco was doing was pacing through the room and then stop for a while to look at something which Evanna couldn’t see. It was getting hard not to move for Evanna; her pants and arms were filled with ants and the ants were spreading towards her belly.

Suddenly, Draco sat right in front of her with his back towards Evanna. Evanna seized her breath again. He held his head in his hands and kept moving his fingers through his hair. There was a sound of heavy breathing and his shoulders kept moving up and down. Then there was a sound which was unbearable for Evanna; he was… crying.

He never cried. Why is he crying? Oh, please Draco stop it… don’t cry!” she desperately thought.

Evanna let go of her breath so slowly that it would be very hard for him to realize her presence in the room. She couldn’t control it anymore. She just couldn’t sit there and see him crying, mind you crying severely that she was sure his throat would start hurting any time. Only because she was afraid of carrying out plan B... this wouldn’t stop her!

Evanna made herself stand up steadily. She was sure he couldn’t hear her moving towards her because of the noise his crying was making.

Evanna was standing right behind him now. It was the moment of decision; she could quietly return to her hiding or she could comfort her brother at least once in life when he had been comforting her for sixteen years when she should have been the one to comfort him. 

It didn’t take Evanna long to decide. Suddenly, she wasn’t afraid of ‘plan B’ anymore. She’ll carry it out… it didn’t matter anymore to her. To be honest, now she wanted to carry it out because it would be the only way to be there for her brother and yet, she didn’t realize that it wouldn’t be...