Chapter 31 'Hermione's Help'

Chapter 31 ‘Hermione’s Help’

Evanna slowly turned to see not only Harry but Ron and Hermione along with him. Harry had a stern expression on his face, Ron looked hopeful and Hermione looked worried.

“You guys are awake?” Evanna asked cheerfully.

“Where were you?” Harry asked again, his expressions still the same.

“Why are you asking me that?” Evanna asked seriously, folding her arms.

“Because we have the right to!”

“Who gave it to you?”

“You did!”

“I must have gone mad when I did that.” She kept on. Evanna didn’t want them to know the truth. It can’t happen.

“We should have never trusted you! The blood runs in you.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I think you know very well.”

“No I don’t. Talk clearly, Harry.”

“You disappear from the map just like Malfoy does. You lie to us about where you’re going. I started having doubts on you long before now but I didn’t express them. I had to see for myself. And you wouldn’t know that I was there when you entered the Room of Requirement and then a little while later Malfoy entered,” Harry harshly whispered. Ron’s mouth opened, Hermione looked even more anxious and Evanna kept a firm expression on her face but her eyes were filling.

Harry continued, “I knew that night when you returned, you knew something. But I never expected this from you! How could you? We trusted you. I think… no I believe that you were always with them and just acted around us. Ah! Of course, you were their spy on us! We should have known! It explains so much!”

“Harry, stop it!” Evanna couldn’t keep her façade anymore and she fell in a sitting position on the stairs which leaded to the dorms.

“Why? Is it too much? Truth is never easy to listen to!” he kept on sternly.

“You’re mistaken,” Evanna pleaded, looking up at him.

“Oh really!?” he said sarcastically.

“Sometimes what you see isn’t always the truth,” Evanna said quietly, looking down. Evanna herself didn’t know what the truth really was but she knew well that what Harry was saying it couldn’t be.

“Yes. Maybe you are mistaken, Harry,” Hermione tried.

“No, Hermione. Seeing is believing! And I believe that a person with a dirty blood running through them can never change! You disgust me, E… I can’t even say your name. It makes me through up…”

“Stop it, Harry,” Evanna got up angrily. “I know what I’m doing is the right thing and whatever you say will not stop me.”

“Tell us, Evanna. Is he saying the truth?” Ron whispered.

Evanna didn’t reply and sat down again.

“Answer me, Evanna. Is he saying the truth?” Ron said forcefully.

Evanna still didn’t reply and kept looking down.

“Is he mistaken?” Ron kept on.

Evanna didn’t reply again. Ron forced her head upwards so she’ll look at him. Evanna jerked him away and whispered loudly,

“Yes! Yes! Yes! He’s saying the truth!”

Ron gasped, Hermione’s hands flew to her mouth and even Harry looked taken aback.