Chapter 49

Cindy sat in her cell. It wasn't horrible, but it wouldn't rank 5 star, per se. The time she had been staying there was short and boring. She has nothing to do but play on the secure tablet with only a few games and books and no internet.

       Suddenly, someone opened the door. It wasn't the boy, Dan, this time. It was a girl Cindy assumed to be in her early 20's. She was a punk kinda girl, she observed. She had bleached hair with pink, blue, green and black stripes. It was odd, but it looked fitting for the girl. The lady smiled and motioned with her head for Cindy followed, grabbing the tablet in case she got bored wherever the lady was taking her.

       "We have all came to the conclusion that we can trust you. We will get you situated in a guest bedroom strait after diner where you will be able to meet everyone." Cindy was genuinely shocked at how formal and kind the lady was. "Oh, I'm Nellie, by the way." Nellie added.

       "Thank you, Nellie."

       "For what?" Nellie asked.

       "I don't know, to be honest." She said, looking down slightly embarrassed.

       Nellie just laughed and swung her arm over Cindy's shoulders. It got a smile out of Cindy.

       "Hey, kid. I get it. You don't know where are, you haven't seen your parents, but you're gonna like it here for the time being. Once you're cleared you can go home if you want. I'm sure you can make good friends with my kiddos. They aren't blood related or anything, I'm too young to have kids, but I'm their legal guardian. You've already met Dan, and then his older sister Amy. They are really nice, but you need to know Amy for a while since she's really shy sometimes." Nellie explained.

       "Okay," Cindy said, not knowing what to say.

       By then the two had gotten upstairs and were walking into the dining room. The table could seat 2 on the shorter side and 8 on the longer side. At the front of the table there was an older man with gray hair and was wearing a dark gray long sleeve shirt, there was a buff guy at his right wearing a sky blue work-out sweater and blonde hair. As the older man was being quiet looking at some papers, the buff guy was talking to Jonah Wizar- wait, Jonah Wizard? Okay, then... odd. Cindy made a mental note to ask why he was here. Next to him was an empty seat before there were a pair of female twins that looked kinda like 'buff dude' with the same blonde hair and work-out jacket. Most likely siblings. Then there was another set of twins. These were boys and they in a heated discussion, flipping through a textbook and pointing at things. They had red hair, had green eyes, and were the perfect stereotypical nerd. Again, odd. The farthest corner was completely empty. On the other side of the table were Dan and a girl about his age. She had coffee colored skin and dark brown hair, almost black. She looks strangely familiar to Cindy, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Next there was a pair talking that were obviously close and comfortable with each other. The girl had long, auburn hair and jade green eyes. Cindy could see her face but not the boy she was talking to. The boy also looked familiar to her, but she would have to see his face before she would be able to tell. The two that looked familiar were also related, she could tell. At the corner, next to the girl with the auburn hair, there was another girl who was reading with red hair and green eyes. She looked just like the twins that were fighting over something. They were definitely related, if not triplets.

       "Pick an empty seat." Nellie said and everyone looked up for a moment to look at the new-comer and Cindy looked down as she walked slowly.

       Once everyone looked away and went back to what they were doing, Cindy decided to sit next to the red haired boys, since they looked too absorbed in their conversation to really take much of an interest in her. She sat down quietly and stayed that way, looking at the designs in the table cloth.

       Cindy didn't dare look up. She knew that she was in enemy territory and she didn't want anything they thought about her to be true. She tried to act shy and innocent, because she knew that she would be underestimated and if it ever came to it, that would be a good thing. Cindy didn't know how she knew this, it was like instinct; common sense.

       Then, Cindy remembered, she was supposedly part of the 'Lucian branch'. Apparently they are strategic and sneaky. Cindy decided not to think much of it, and boiled it down to the part of the serum on her.

       Just then, Nellie came in with 2 giant trays with food. There was what Cindy supposed alfredo noodles with what Cindy saw was chicken and shrimp when Nellie set the tray. As a side, there was some kind of toast that had what Cindy guessed was garlic butter topped with melted cheese. It looked delicious and made Cindy's mouth water.

       As soon as the food hit the table people were filling their plates. Cindy waited along with a few others that were obviously more polite than the teenagers in front of them. Once the raid for food, Cindy served herself some pasta and took two pieces of bread. She passed the food to the red headed boy next to her and began eating. The pasta was delicious.  Cindy ate politely even though she would have loved to just shovel the food into her mouth.

       She was self-conscious about herself in these types of situations. It helped her acting upon her 'shy' personality. Once she could trust these people she could come out of her shell, but that will take a bit. It was then the girl with red hair and was related to the twins decided to start some conversation. 

       "So, anything new with the situation? I'm sure Cindy here could lend us a very helpful and needed hand." The girl said, looking expectantly at her.

       It was obvious she was going to have to answer, but she needed more information before she could make a decision. Deciding she should dodge the question she replied: "Um... just one thing... I don't know any of your names...."

       "Oh, how rude of us! I'm Sinead." She said with a bright smile. "This is Amy, Ian, Dan, Natalie, Ted, Ned, Madison, Regan, Nellie, Jonah, Hamilton and Fiske." Sinead said, pointing to everyone individually. As soon as Sinead hit Ian, though, she stopped listening. She remembered Ian and Natalie. She had met Ian at an online school along with his sister. He had met his sister after Ian and her had been dating for a while. Ian had broken up with her about a year ago, saying he was moving from London and he couldn't handle a long distance relationship. Boston was a long move, but why did he have to move?

       "Um, it might take me a while to remember names but I'll try." Cindy said quietly, glancing at Ian every few moments. "What's this situation you need help with?" She asks.

       "That's the problem. We don't know who is in the group that's trying to kill us. We're guessing they don't like how we've influenced the family." Said the older man, Finn? Fitz? No, it was... Fiske. Yeah, Fiske. 

       "Well, then. Let's get started."

----____----____----____----

Hey, guys! I'm back from camp. It's been a while, but I'm hoping the long update took care of that. I missed you all and Wattpad in general. Getting caught up in the 39 clues community this week and tell me if you need some tips because I'm kinda getting some writer's block and thinking up different ideas helps sometimes. I think I might put this book on hold for a few months until I can write it on paper and get everything set up and such. One last thing, if you would, please read my other book 'The bad girl falls for her best friend'. It's a werewolf type story with some angels and faries and I need some feedback for it. Thx to those of you who read this because this is pretty long. TTYL peeps!